Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is now in pieces. It was a V2V front splitter but they are no longer made. I know about the WeaponX splitter and the cheap Chinese eBay stuff. What are other splitters I should look at? I saw a bat wing unit on Facebook a while back, but I liked the clean, simple lines of the V2V.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have the APR and love it. Note that IMO it looks much better with an inch or so cut off the back side. Random84 (I think) has a great install thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
APR here too

·
Registered
316 Posts
I need to find a new one myself. I was thinking of going with the Blackmoon splitter

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have an APR also. Seems solidly built however I can't quite get the disc brake air tubes to connect with the plastic splash shields on the pass side and it rubs the bulgey bit of that ducting/splash shield area at the bottom. Maybe I have an old version as it was on the car when I got it

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like the way the street attack splitter from WeaponX looks, but I don't know how it mounts. I scrape my APR splitter all the time, it's too much for me.

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
Note that the APR will provide the most ground clearance over any other variant - including stock. The WeaponX version looks great, but IMHO you will bust the shit out of that thing quickly.

My thread (buried somewhere here on the site) has measurements, but I think I gained almost an inch of front clearance even over OEM, because I had to cut some tabs off for it to be flush. That also means it's really hard to go back to stock!

But, I used bolts and such that the whole front clip comes off as one single piece. It's also durable enough to take some tough love and not split or crack... kind of like Unavowed's rectum.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Exactly as Random says. I used his write up (thanks again) and it's:
-secure
-more clearance than stock
-looks great
-easy to remove with the whole front bumper cover (I've done it in less than 10 minutes multiple times.)

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
191 Posts
Note that the APR will provide the most ground clearance over any other variant - including stock. The WeaponX version looks great, but IMHO you will bust the shit out of that thing quickly.

My thread (buried somewhere here on the site) has measurements, but I think I gained almost an inch of front clearance even over OEM, because I had to cut some tabs off for it to be flush. That also means it's really hard to go back to stock!

But, I used bolts and such that the whole front clip comes off as one single piece. It's also durable enough to take some tough love and not split or crack... kind of like Unavowed's rectum.
We talking about this one?

I have two bolts on the bottom that are pretty mangled, necessitating a crescent wrench and some careful turning for removal. Those two bolts thread into some U-nut fender clips. I want to replace with something more flush, but I'm not sure the best hardware to use. If I used allen/torx, it would be even worse to remove if it gets beat up.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Button-head screws and 1-1/4" removed from back edge. I've never had an issue.

Reactions: db-guru and 1sloV2

·
Registered
191 Posts

I like that! What did you cut it with? If I go that route, the only concern is I'll have a bunch of existing holes since I would need to drill new ones..

·
Registered
707 Posts
What is it that runs along the leading edge of the APR splitter? Is that just some kind of finishing strip? Rubber or plastic? Glued in place?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like that install much better than the stock installation. I think stock sticks out too far in front. Good job.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Credit goes to Random84.
Answers: I cut it with a battery powered circular saw and appropriate blade, the front edge is like a rubber piece of trim - it came that way.

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
We talking about this one? View attachment 149802

I have two bolts on the bottom that are pretty mangled, necessitating a crescent wrench and some careful turning for removal. Those two bolts thread into some U-nut fender clips. I want to replace with something more flush, but I'm not sure the best hardware to use. If I used allen/torx, it would be even worse to remove if it gets beat up.
Those are just 10mm bolts. You can buy replacement bolts and the threaded clips at any parts store.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Credit goes to Random84.
Answers: I cut it with a battery powered circular saw and appropriate blade, the front edge is like a rubber piece of trim - it came that way.

I think I'm going to do this. What kind of blade did you use? Did you set the bumper onto the splitter after cutting in order to mock up new holes? Would a carbide drill bit work for new holes?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Look up Random's write up. It's all there in perfect detail.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
I think I'm going to do this. What kind of blade did you use? Did you set the bumper onto the splitter after cutting in order to mock up new holes? Would a carbide drill bit work for new holes?
I just used the one on my saw. But ideally I think a fine cut finishing blade and slow movement would work best.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts