Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took one for a spin because the Mrs. said I had to. I must say I am floored by this car. Its not to often that a car garbs you by the lapels and shakes you to your core. This whip has it all, looks, FAST, interior, suspension, seats styling. You name it this car has it. I was coming onto the highway and I was doing about 60 MPH on the on ramp. She says to the salesman in the back, "hold on, this is going to be fast". The car enters the on ramp on a down left-right-left then straight onto the highway. The Etron was planted and being on a public road with passengers I did not want to do anything stupid. I added throttle as I was going through the L-R-L and pinned it to the floor at 70 MPH as I entered straight on the highway. MY GOD, this thing pinned us to the back of the seats and felt like we were shot out of a cannon. She screamed with excitement and was smiling ear to ear. Brought it up to about 110 and shut it down. Went onto some backroads and just breathed it through the turns. This car is 5500 pounds and it felt like a 3000 lb sports car.

Interior I loved it, here are some shots. We are seriously thinking of this car it"s really good looking and she LOVED it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
100000000x better looking than the 10 year old model S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m13s and random84

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry, I can't tell you how we both were so smitten with this car, it's fantastic all around. A Tesla next to it looks old ladyish and out dated and I like Tesla's. Sorry about my horseshit pictures, the pics don't do it justice. In person the cars is lights fucking out.

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Looks almost as good as the Mrs! ! )

It also seems very well priced, all things considered!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
Audi hit a styling home run on the etron and sister car taycan.

Just glad to see other EV options than Tesla.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trend to slap a vertical non integrated HUGE screen on everything that looks like an afterthought makes me pissy.

This car has seamless integration with the dash and screens, it flows so nice. It doesn't look good and looks like an afterthought. Sitting in both the driver and passenger seats the design is perfect. (for me)

This car is not for you big hungries- I'm 5'8 on a good day and it was snug. The salesman was 5'11 in the back, he fit but was tight. 6'2 250+ I don't think its for you. The seats were reminded me of the Recaro's in my wagon, not as good but close. The interior is where caddy should be as it was one of the Best production car interiors I have ever sat in. Not guady, functional and stylish, the word efficient comes to mind.

I would never even give Tesla a thought after driving this. Please don't take it as a knock on tesla, its not. Once you see one and drive it, it puts Tesla to shame.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Are the cup holders in the same place as the A5...right near the controls on the dash?

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
747 Posts
I will say that the Audi etron is by far the best looking EV, stunning.

The S is looooooooong overdue for a redesign. Long in the tooth is an understatement.

The Dodge Challenger of the EV world.

I guess you didn't specify the wagon, I just Googley searched Etron, and that's what came up on Audi's site.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Audi interiors are quite nice. By the way, if you plan on driving this even close to 300 miles you're in for some time consuming recharges. My neighbor hated his, and he is an enthusiast. He could not get 300 miles out of his. Then the minimum 48 minute charge to about 3/4 full. Not all charging stations are equal, either. Some are much, much slower than others. Just be fully informed. Oh, my neighbor traded his in less than a year after he bought it. Got a RS6.

Reactions: m13s

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
Oh boy....

Charging wars is the new form of racing.

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Oh boy....

Charging wars is the new form of racing.

"But MY EV has cute submenus that reference 80's movies and it's absolutely charming!"

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
May sound ignorant but these cars are smart enough to limit themselves based on your destination or time to the next station right ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Audi really knows how to make heavy cars feel like sports cars. For this reason with all the weight of the EV junk they will kill the competition on driver engagement and handling. Anyone ever drive a 4.0t s6 a8 or rs7?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Nice looking car, but I had to laugh when the view count of the Mrs was at 55 and the rest of the pics were at 25 views. Congrats on that, it'll outlast the joy of owning an electric IMHO.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
Isn’t Audi known for having electrical issues? Ok, maybe that was more in the ‘90’s, but still…

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Lol, if they have electrical issues in an electric vehicle, well let's say it this way. Lucas does not furnish the electrics

Reactions: SimplyDreamin
1 - 20 of 27 Posts