Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have some rims built to following specs. Anyone see a problem for Eibach lowered wagon? Plan on running Michelin PSS. Informed advice appreciated and thanks!

F:
20 x 9.5 ET 45
5 x 120 CB =
265/35/20

R:
20 x 10.5 ET 50
5 x 120 CB =
295/30/20

·
Registered
821 Posts
Those are good specs, although you may want a little more offset in the rear to minimize rubbing (+55ish), and you'll probably want to roll your fenders being lowered. What made you come up with those numbers?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Currently running stock on 5 mm spacers which yields F ET of 46 & R ET of 51. Just rounded down 1 mm for sake of simplicity. Add 1/2" to F rims = ~ 7 mm more "poke" and 5 mm from wider tire. Add 1" to R rims = ~ 13 mm more "poke" and again 5 mm more tire. I'm just eyeballing and going off what I've read here...looked like it would fit but close. Maybe better to select 10" R to keep everything same related to stock. No off the shelf in these sizes so there would be no return once built so it seems critical to get it right on the first try...

·
Registered
821 Posts
They should fit fine with rolled fenders and maybe a little extra camber, nothing serious. The stock coupe rears poke 4mm more than 10.5 ET 50, but I believe sedans/wagons rub on coupe rears when lowered (depending on tire, etc), so that's why I was saying maybe ET 52-55 would give you a little more clearance, if you're worried. People have stuffed as large as 20x11 ET 60 out back, but the tire you run also matters.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nah coupe offset is like +40. I think op is right on the money for a 10.5. And shouldn’t have to roll fender if running the 295. If anything maybe a +52 but more than that and you’ll possibly have clearance issues on the suspension components. I think I’ve seen guys running a +48 10.5 on sedans lowered. So Once again I think you are right in the sweet spot. Thankfully that’s a common size maybe try the first few pages of the no bs offset thread with everyone’s offsets and pictures. You should find a few lowered cars on 10.5” in no time. I feel you on the custom ordered wheels I was anxious until last week when I finally was out with the guys and had a few of there fat asses in the v with no rub and finally, finally, I could accept that yes, my wheels focking fit!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Went ahead and made the leap. Vorsteiner VFF 104 in gloss black for my Black Raven V wagon.

20 x 9.5 ET 45
265/35/20 Michelin PSS

20 x 10 ET 50
295/30/20 Michelin PSS

Hope it works out for me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a big circle jerk through an "authorized retailer", it turns out that Vorsteiner doesn't make the VFF 104 with the specs I wanted. It's a shame 'cause those are some really nice looking wheels. Had a similar experience shopping for some Forgestar CF5s. After much searching, it's my conclusion that there is NO "off the shelf" wheel/tire setup for the gen II CTSV that offered what I wanted...larger + wider, front AND rear with correct fitment. Yes, you can make stuff fit with some machining, spacers, hub rings or some combination thereof, but that's an economy car solution to a luxury car problem. So with some financial pain and much spousal scorn, I ordered a custom set of these:

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
After a big circle jerk through an "authorized retailer", it turns out that Vorsteiner doesn't make the VFF 104 with the specs I wanted. It's a shame 'cause those are some really nice looking wheels. Had a similar experience shopping for some Forgestar CF5s. After much searching, it's my conclusion that there is NO "off the shelf" wheel/tire setup for the gen II CTSV that offered what I wanted...larger + wider, front AND rear with correct fitment. Yes, you can make stuff fit with some machining, spacers, hub rings or some combination thereof, but that's an economy car solution to a luxury car problem. So with some financial pain and much spousal scorn, I ordered a custom set of these:

Nice! And now you get the proper specs do you can run an 11" wide wheel with a 305 tire and have no issues. Not a fan of the style myself as I feel they look like 03-04 Cobra wheels but Forgeline is MINT stuff!

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
There's gotta be a good wheel and tire offset thread around here somewhere - you know, one that would contain the info about what offsets and widths, along with various tire types and sizes that will fit on both stock and lowered cars....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Price not withstanding those are almost identical.
I’m not usually a black wheel fan but that is a nice tasteful design choice.
And easy to clean for the win.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's gotta be a good wheel and tire offset thread around here somewhere - you know, one that would contain the info about what offsets and widths, along with various tire types and sizes that will fit on both stock and lowered cars....
You'd think so wouldn't you?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Search for "Tired of the BS" and "real wheel offset" or something like that. There IS such a thread...search isnt so great here as you prolly know!
7 threads from the top on the first page :) in this section. I would also encourage you to talk with Jon at BestWheelDeals on this site. He would probably know exactly what he can and cannot get off the shelf. He was great to work with when I got my VS Forged wheels.

Should they just "sticky" that wheel and tire thread?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was kidding... I consulted that thread many, many times before laying my plans. Some helpful info in there to be sure...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats! on the Forgelines, I don't think you will be disappointed. I had a set of SP3S on a '13 Boss 302 and they were top notch in quality. They also held a decent resale value. Look forward to seeing some pics of them mounted when you get them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Wheels finally came in a couple weeks ago. They are works of art. Crappy cell phone pix:

Forgeline CF1 Gloss Black Powdercoat
20 x 9.5
20 x 10.5
Michelin Pilot Super Sport
265/35
295/30

1 - 19 of 19 Posts