Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long story short about a year ago I picked up an ATS-V and loved it. The car was a ton of fun but I knew I really wanted the big V. Well, I got a wild hair and now I've got a cherry 17 CTS-V in the garage. Night and day difference between the cars, I'm glad I made the jump.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,173 Posts
Congrats! Have any photos? What are your plans with her? Leave it stock or start the upgrade process and get silly with it?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the modness...

The rabbit hole is over here... down here.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I'm just cleaning her up and getting the cosmetics right. The previous owner rattle canned the brakes (why you'd spend $100k on a car to spray paint the brakes is beyond me) so I'm going back with a copper powdercoat on the calipers with black V script to correct that. Changing out the black badges for carbon fiber hydrodipped ones and adding the CF side skirts and mirror caps. The taillights, side markers, door handles, and mirror lights will get a light smoke treatment. After that my buddy is going to do paint correction, Gtechniq coating and PPF the front clip.

As far as mods are concerned I just mounted up my stainless works catback and I'm kind of debating on where to go from there. I am terrible about diving down the rabbit hole so I'm trying to find that happy middle ground. I figure an intake, pulley swap and tune are in order but I don't want to get too crazy just yet.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,173 Posts
Right now I'm just cleaning her up and getting the cosmetics right. The previous owner rattle canned the brakes (why you'd spend $100k on a car to spray paint the brakes is beyond me) so I'm going back with a copper powdercoat on the calipers with black V script to correct that. Changing out the black badges for carbon fiber hydrodipped ones and adding the CF side skirts and mirror caps. The taillights, side markers, door handles, and mirror lights will get a light smoke treatment. After that my buddy is going to do paint correction, Gtechniq coating and PPF the front clip.

As far as mods are concerned I just mounted up my stainless works catback and I'm kind of debating on where to go from there. I am terrible about diving down the rabbit hole so I'm trying to find that happy middle ground. I figure an intake, pulley swap and tune are in order but I don't want to get too crazy just yet.
Nice choice in brake color. I can't for the life of me think of how someone would think it's a good idea to rattle can the brakes on that car.....horrible. Glad you're addressing it.

Reactions: Slizzo

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice choice in brake color. I can't for the life of me think of how someone would think it's a good idea to rattle can the brakes on that car.....horrible. Glad you're addressing it.
Yeah, I had the gold calipers on my ATS-V and I thought they were tasteful but still nice enough that they offered a little break up over all the black. With this one I wanted the same thing, subtle but different. I see so many cars our there with red, yellow doesn't do anything for me, and so I thought bronze but I wanted just a bit more pop with the After Midnight wheels so I think this will turn out nicely. I'll post pics when the work is done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts