Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 2010 C6ZR1 with around 10k miles on it, he's thinking of selling it and getting a V3. The Z is mint, black on black. It has a pulley, MGW shifter and is currently running E85 with ID850's. Other than that it's all original or he has the original parts (like the stock radio, it has an aftermarket radio but no speaker or amp changes.) He did replace the hard as rock but tons of tread stock tires so it has nice new rubber all around.

He's looking for a '17-up V3, preferably blue but would also consider white. It looks like it would be a close to even trade, the prices on the C6 Z's has been going nowhere but up. Last twin to his just sold on BAT for $93,500.

He hasn't listed the Z, just started looking for a V3. Lemme know if anyone on here has ever considered trying out an amazing car like the C6ZR1!

John

This is the car when he bought it in Texas. The car is currently in the SF Bay Area but he's open to traveling for the right car.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Hey, welcome back!

Reactions: gmtech16450yz

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don’t have a V for trade; But that is a cherry ZR1.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I don’t have a V3 but I want that ZR1. I got a nice V2 tho…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
How much does it go for?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! This forum and the HPTuners forum are still my favorites. I've been a member on all different kinds of forums and those two have always had the most respectful, intelligent and entertaining (WTF Pictures thread for the FTMFW!) members.

That C6ZR1 is one of the most impressive cars I've ever driven. It's truly a "drivers" car. It's weird how it's so incredibly capable in every aspect, but is also so nice to drive. You just get the feeling that it can do anything without doing anything weird. How GM came up with brakes like those that are insanely strong but have an amazingly "friendly" feel to them is beyond me. No squeaking, not in the least bit grabby or touchy, just incredible stopping power when you need it. IMHO it's the pinnacle of what the Corvette was truly meant to be. He had a '16 C7 Z51 M7 before the ZR1. That car did nothing for me. The 7 speed shifter was too hard for me to find the right gears with, it just had too many gates! The power obviously wasn't exciting and everything else was kind of "meh". It did have a much nicer interior and gadgets, but is that what a Corvette should truly be, a car with automatic nose pickers?

The biggest reason he's thinking about selling it is the house they just moved into has a really bad driveway and even with Bridjit ramps it's hard to get the Z in and out. So what do you get after owning a car like the Z that won't be a total letdown? He's been toying with the C8 idea (front lift) and even considered a Porsche GT3 but the V3 seems like it makes the most sense. He's also been toying with the idea of stealing either our V2 Wagon or my '17 M6 SS but I'm not sure we're done with either of those cars yet. The power of the SS would be disappointing and the V2 is getting a bit "dated", certainly compared to a V3 that is.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back, I appreciate it and always enjoy stopping in here! I figured putting the Z-V3 trade idea on here was a long shot but you never know! I'll let you know what he ends up with regardless.

·
Premium Member
13,316 Posts
i dont think you would be stealing any wagons or SS anytime soon, they are still holding strong

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think you would be stealing any wagons or SS anytime soon, they are still holding strong
No I said HE'D be stealing OURS. We have a wagon and an SS. And he'd actually buy it, he's paid for his own cars since he was 17 and bought himself an M6 GTO.

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
I remember when 40k mile Zs were getting into the 50k range - dang. Guess I'm stuck with the Chevy Colorado for a while! :D

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
My son has a 2010 C6ZR1 with around 10k miles on it, he's thinking of selling it and getting a V3.
He's looking for a '17-up V3, preferably blue but would also consider white. It looks like it would be a close to even trade, the prices on the C6 Z's has been going nowhere but up. Last twin to his just sold on BAT for $93,500.
@04chase

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I still really love the V3 , the color is the #1 reason too .I would consider to sell for 95k with the setup i just finished that makes a stock driving 800+ at the rear with a 2650 , meth and all bolt ons . stock cam. doesent have 10k miles yet . lots of upgrades , xpel clear bra on entire car, ceramic coated and painted to match all chrome . well over 20k in mods/upgrades . if he is serious , pm me for contact but ,

Id love to have the zr1 but it would not get used at all at this point in my life , my boy is 1.5 years old and loves the V . everytime he see's it , he literally smiles and screams " COOL CAR .... VROOM VROOOM " . I have to be able to fit a car seat , golf clubs , stroller etc. This car just has everything for my needs.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
That really is a sexy V3. Love the color!

·
Registered
599 Posts
GMTech- welcome back!!! We chat back some years ago when I had my V2 and some tuning issues.
Love the C6ZR1. Local chevy dealer in Bradenton Florida has a centenial edition. Still in the wrapper. A collectors car for them I guess.
Love the movie last stand with the ZR1. Few bloopers in it.. My son and I were watching for those. The Non ZR1 fillins....LOL

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update...

HE GOT ONE!!!

As most car sales/searches go, the last few weeks have been lots of looking for the "perfect" V3 and lots of flakes saying they want to buy the ZR1 but either totally ghosted him or the deals fell through. Unfortunately or fortunately, he found the V3 of his dreams before selling the ZR1. Yikes! Since he wanted a Blue V3 and they're extremely rare, he figured sticking his neck out and grabbing this V3 before having the ZR1 sold was what had to happen. So yeah, he's a VERY motivated seller on the ZR1 if anyone is interested! I think he has it listed for $78k.

He and his girlfriend flew to Colorado yesterday and picked up his 2019 Wave Blue totally loaded V3 this morning! It's only got 2,700 miles on it! Since it's a cpo car, he'll have bumper to bumper until sometime in 2024. I won't see the car in person until next week but it looks amazing in the pictures. He really wanted another blue car like the '04 GTO he had. It's pretty much a brand new, totally stock car, which is what he wanted. They're hopefully having an amazing adventure driving back to California in it. I'm betting there will be some high speed runs when they're out in the desert somewhere!

Here's the car...

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
Great buy! I'm sure the road trip was half the fun.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Update...

HE GOT ONE!!!

As most car sales/searches go, the last few weeks have been lots of looking for the "perfect" V3 and lots of flakes saying they want to buy the ZR1 but either totally ghosted him or the deals fell through. Unfortunately or fortunately, he found the V3 of his dreams before selling the ZR1. Yikes! Since he wanted a Blue V3 and they're extremely rare, he figured sticking his neck out and grabbing this V3 before having the ZR1 sold was what had to happen. So yeah, he's a VERY motivated seller on the ZR1 if anyone is interested! I think he has it listed for $78k.

He and his girlfriend flew to Colorado yesterday and picked up his 2019 Wave Blue totally loaded V3 this morning! It's only got 2,700 miles on it! Since it's a cpo car, he'll have bumper to bumper until sometime in 2024. I won't see the car in person until next week but it looks amazing in the pictures. He really wanted another blue car like the '04 GTO he had. It's pretty much a brand new, totally stock car, which is what he wanted. They're hopefully having an amazing adventure driving back to California in it. I'm betting there will be some high speed runs when they're out in the desert somewhere!

Here's the car...

View attachment 151675 View attachment 151676
Fucking great and gorgeous car.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Update...

HE GOT ONE!!!

Here's the car...

View attachment 151675 View attachment 151676
By far my favorite V3 color. It will hold its value better than all the others 100%.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Love the colour.

Pics of GF? Lol

Reactions: loweredd
1 - 20 of 26 Posts