Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And I just got another kill. On way home from dinner me & my son were driving along and a accord with 4 guys in it pass by and let up. One is hanging out back window waving his arms to get on it and pass by. So I gave it a quick stab just to play around. We came up to a red light and I pulled up to a charger scat pack and thought nothing of it. Light turns green and he gets on it and gets a good jump before I said hell no and got on it. Blew by him and put bus lengths. My son is 13 and afterwards looks up from his phone and looks in rearview and said why did you even bother racing that Honda? I said it was a charger and he said oh I hate those and went back to his phone:ROFLMAO:

My V3 and my white V2 never get many races. This car seems to get the attention from people wanting to mess around. Or its because the V3 has been gone for a year getting the new set up and I've only driven the white V2 twice in a year:geek:
My take, but I think the big hood bulge with the vents and that large front splitter are attention-grabbers. That car always got comments and conversation wherever I went. Plus the blue is just beautiful.

So far I've rolled up on quite a few fast cars in the Tesla - no one wants to play. I tried throwing a rev....

·
Registered
258 Posts
So far I've rolled up on quite a few fast cars in the Tesla - no one wants to play. I tried throwing a rev....
Took me a second... too funny!!
Looking forward to your reviews on your sweet new rides. I'm leaning toward an EV in the next couple years and excited about the evolution of them. Just really hard to overcome the brutal sound of a V8 and shifting through the gears....but instant/continuous power of the Tesla is amazing too.

The dealership let me have one for weekend to test drive and "show my wife". This was over 2.5 years ago and the P100D none the less! 2.4 0-60.
Ran it out of juice by that night and no superchargers were in Raleigh at that point yet.
Wanted to take my son out for his B-day the following day. The local library chargers, etc. would have taken too long (30amp) so ended up going to a RV park at 11pm hooked up to a 50amp outlet and slept in the car. Lol. Turned the heater on as needed and was fully charged by 6am. Went back to the RV park a couple days later when they were open to tell him my story and only wanted $10 for the juice.
Once again, went through a full charge by 5pm driving it around like and a-hole and taking friends for rides. Kids loved it too!
Amazing machines, but so different!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Took me a second... too funny!!
Looking forward to your reviews on your sweet new rides. I'm leaning toward an EV in the next couple years and excited about the evolution of them. Just really hard to overcome the brutal sound of a V8 and shifting through the gears....but instant/continuous power of the Tesla is amazing too.

The dealership let me have one for weekend to test drive and "show my wife". This was over 2.5 years ago and the P100D none the less! 2.4 0-60.
Ran it out of juice by that night and no superchargers were in Raleigh at that point yet.
Wanted to take my son out for his B-day the following day. The local library chargers, etc. would have taken too long (30amp) so ended up going to a RV park at 11pm hooked up to a 50amp outlet and slept in the car. Lol. Turned the heater on as needed and was fully charged by 6am. Went back to the RV park a couple days later when they were open to tell him my story and only wanted $10 for the juice.
Once again, went through a full charge by 5pm driving it around like and a-hole and taking friends for rides. Kids loved it too!
Amazing machines, but so different!

We have two wall chargers at home. Can fully charge both cars in a few hours- overnight is easy. So far the range is good. I drove like an idiot doing Dragy testing and wasn't too bad. I guess they have improved the energy recapture a lot.

And for sure - the sound of the LSA opened up is magical. But it's a trade off. The instant torque lets you pass literally anything on the road effortlessly. And it's actually not uncomfortable for passengers because it's dead smooth w/ zero shifts or abrupt changes in acceleration force.

Oddly - the complete lack of any noise at low speeds seems to cause you to be more cautious at parking speeds. For w/e reason I'm overly cautious...its probably that at parking speeds we are all used to using the brake to control speed. In an EV you generally must use the skinny pedal or the car doesnt move. I'm sure that will improve.

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Looking forward to seeing the 60-130 times when possible.
Will try to do this soon. The best spot with enough flat road and low traffic is a local tollway. Sorting out my toll tags RN...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I drove like an idiot doing Dragy testing and wasn't too bad.
How do you like Dragy? I've been thinking of getting one. Are you using android or apple?

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How do you like Dragy? I've been thinking of getting one. Are you using android or apple?
Dragy is really good - based on comparisons I've seen with VBox and others, it's right on as far as accuracy goes. I'm using it on Android but iPhone works equally well best I can tell. The ability to capture video is handy. Not really a PDR/track tool though. But worth the money easily IMHO.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
We have two wall chargers at home. Can fully charge both cars in a few hours- overnight is easy. So far the range is good. I drove like an idiot doing Dragy testing and wasn't too bad. I guess they have improved the energy recapture a lot.

And for sure - the sound of the LSA opened up is magical. But it's a trade off. The instant torque lets you pass literally anything on the road effortlessly. And it's actually not uncomfortable for passengers because it's dead smooth w/ zero shifts or abrupt changes in acceleration force.

Oddly - the complete lack of any noise at low speeds seems to cause you to be more cautious at parking speeds. For w/e reason I'm overly cautious...its probably that at parking speeds we are all used to using the brake to control speed. In an EV you generally must use the skinny pedal or the car doesnt move. I'm sure that will improve.

Throw on Creep mode. I like parking with the brake. I know exactly when it is going to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Some.pics of the service center (aka dealership sans stealership)...

Pic #2 with the round table is from the service desk area. Its literally open to the service bay. You drive in the door at the back and right up to the desk inside.

Waiting area has separate conf room for calls/privacy (last pic). Pic #3 is the indoor hand wash bay (no swirl machine here).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for your review and impressions! I love going from our V to our Model 3 Performance... so similar but so different at the same time. I like driving both, depending on my mood. In traffic or commuting, the M3P is the go-to. For tearing up an empty road or any kind of track work, the V is more engaging. The instant power of a Tesla makes the tiniest hesitations of the LSA feel extreme. We definitely have the Model S 3-motor on our radar, I plan on making it the next car we buy to replace the 3. But the V I'm keeping for a long time, gotta have my 6-speed manual and cd player!

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Thanks for your review and impressions! I love going from our V to our Model 3 Performance... so similar but so different at the same time. I like driving both, depending on my mood. In traffic or commuting, the M3P is the go-to. For tearing up an empty road or any kind of track work, the V is more engaging. The instant power of a Tesla makes the tiniest hesitations of the LSA feel extreme. We definitely have the Model S 3-motor on our radar, I plan on making it the next car we buy to replace the 3. But the V I'm keeping for a long time, gotta have my 6-speed manual and cd player!
That 3 motor powertrain is likely to be a real beast. I'm getting nearly 800hp out of my S right now. A third motor and maybe a tweak to the battery pack should yield 900-1000hp. More tire will def be needed tho. What we REALLY need tho are weights to come down....

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Did you get a dragy yet?

I've had one for a while. Got some 0-60 runs done but car is getting tint and PPF now so willl get other data soon.

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Throw on Creep mode. I like parking with the brake. I know exactly when it is going to stop.

Seems like there are a few Tesla owners on here now. Have you guys been laying low or was I just out of touch for a while?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Seems like there are a few Tesla owners on here now. Have you guys been laying low or was I just out of touch for a while?

My wife has a non performance X. So it was never worth mentioning :)

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My wife has a non performance X. So it was never worth mentioning :)

I got caught off guard last week. While my car was getting tint, I took the wife's Model X to work. I know the looks of it are controversial. Ours somehow looks pretty good in person - but I agree the rear portion could be better.

Anyway - first time ever driving it and this huge country boy in a lifted F150 Super Duty flags me at a red light. He says "Man - that is one amazing looking car. I just love that paint!"

Ok...the paint is like the V's white diamond...maybe less creamy colored. And it was clean and we had some bright sun so I'm sure it sparkled a bit more. But I was surprised that after one drive someone flags me down to say he likes the looks.

Not one person has noticed the S yet...its easily a sleeper that could be a Camry or a dozen other cars.

So who hates the look of the X? Who loves it? Is it that polarizing?

·
Registered
165 Posts
TBH, I can't stand the styling of the X. The lines follow that of any other mid-size SUV on the road. For me personally, I like the styling of the rear more so than the front, that front grille (or lack of) is hideous.

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
TBH, I can't stand the styling of the X. The lines follow that of any other mid-size SUV on the road. For me personally, I like the styling of the rear more so than the front, that front grille (or lack of) is hideous.
Fascinating. I thought most ppl didnt like the rear. Maybe it's cause we own one but its growing on me. I even like the crazy falcon doors - very functional and they work in more places than I thought they would.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
S is better looking than the 3 or X.

The X looks like every other minivan/Soccer mom suv and I don’t like any of those either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 72 Posts