Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Tri, these Tesla's might be fast, but your typical kill stories wont have the same effect as the whale did. They will just seem to be limp-wristed...

Definitely interested in seeing pics of your new S with some forgelines though!
Don't worry. I'll be killing in the whale still. Raced a new supra on the highway the other day. Did a couple pulls from 60mph to 180mph. I felt like a bully:(.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My daughter fell in love wit the white X when we watched them review it on The Grand Tour. Now to just get the wife on board...

Very interested in all your reviews, Tri. Yours are always very good, lots of thought involved, little to no bias.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is a MS Performance Raven right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes. New suspension, new front motor, new battery pack, and few more items.

The three motor will be the big upgrade but I didnt want to sit around and wait. I'll consider it when it comes out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’ve been meaning to tell you, I hate you! Haha

And just like Eric, never any damn video of said kills!
The Tesla has 8 cameras and you can record off 4 of them while driving (front, rear, and two of the four side cameras) direct to a flash drive. So I will ALWAYS have video from now on.

It also detects motion while parked and records then, too. So if someone messes with your ride, you have it on video...

Bought a 512 gig high speed micro SD card so there's tons of space.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
And I just got another kill. On way home from dinner me & my son were driving along and a accord with 4 guys in it pass by and let up. One is hanging out back window waving his arms to get on it and pass by. So I gave it a quick stab just to play around. We came up to a red light and I pulled up to a charger scat pack and thought nothing of it. Light turns green and he gets on it and gets a good jump before I said hell no and got on it. Blew by him and put bus lengths. My son is 13 and afterwards looks up from his phone and looks in rearview and said why did you even bother racing that Honda? I said it was a charger and he said oh I hate those and went back to his phone:ROFLMAO:

My V3 and my white V2 never get many races. This car seems to get the attention from people wanting to mess around. Or its because the V3 has been gone for a year getting the new set up and I've only driven the white V2 twice in a year:geek:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Good kills! Those Accords are no joke....j/k. Ida done the same thing!

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
You have 3 fucking V’s, you can afford to put cameras in them to get us some cool vids!!! Haha

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I’m super interested in wheel/tire combinations and how they affect acceleration.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I’m super interested in wheel/tire combinations and how they affect acceleration.

I’ll sure there are many articles, but I recall one I read stating the smaller rims proofed to have quicker 1/4 mile times.
Curious what Eric says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’ll sure there are many articles, but I recall one I read stating the smaller rims proofed to have quicker 1/4 mile times.
Curious what Eric says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely the case. Guys running 18's with sticky tires do really well. Trick is this: there is one and only one gear. 0-165mph in first gear. So the tire height is important. Finding a sticky 18 or 19 inch tire that's very very close to stock diameter is more important.

Smaller tires will launch and get to 60mph faster, but will fizzle out on the top end. Too tall a tire and you'll lose time off the line as it raises the overall drive ratio too much.

Stock is a little larger than 28 inches in diameter, so finding something at 28.2 to 28.6 or 7 is ideal.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
i like your reviews and happy your back to this good ol forum that is changing and now that many of us old folk who learned this platform and helped make it what it is have come and gone. some of the good stayed because of the unique crowd the v2 attracted . Many of those o.g. have moved on but i find my self lurking as much even though my V is now in texas. it has left a hole in my heart. the one that used to be filled with a reliable , fast , raw car that could do all the daily duties and fly around most in fashion while doing so.

There are many cars out there but none that will replace it in full stock form except maybe .. the whole EV thing. Not sure why the brain hurdle is so big but its there. going to EV from IC engine driven is a big step and could be for the better. skeptical is the only word i can justify but perhaps this thread will sway me and others. Thanks for this write up regardless.

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
i like your reviews and happy your back to this good ol forum that is changing and now that many of us old folk who learned this platform and helped make it what it is have come and gone. some of the good stayed because of the unique crowd the v2 attracted . Many of those o.g. have moved on but i find my self lurking as much even though my V is now in texas. it has left a hole in my heart. the one that used to be filled with a reliable , fast , raw car that could do all the daily duties and fly around most in fashion while doing so.

There are many cars out there but none that will replace it in full stock form except maybe .. the whole EV thing. Not sure why the brain hurdle is so big but its there. going to EV from IC engine driven is a big step and could be for the better. skeptical is the only word i can justify but perhaps this thread will sway me and others. Thanks for this write up regardless.
Yep - my wife and I both miss the V. But that said we are both getting used to our EV's. They are SO different and yet also just cars. So far I'm very pleased - but there is also a lot more to be done before EV's can truly replace gas and diesel. More on that in my review thread.

Glad you're still here as well as many other original members. Like you said - this forum is as much about the great people and their love of cars as it is the car make and model itself.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So about 775 whp What does is weigh without driver?

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Pretty easy for me to stay IC, when I look at the price tag of the EV I would want! I also think EV’s would kill the car hobby for me. Hearing a properly built vehicle with great power is one of the best things I enjoy about the hobby.

·
Premium Member
17,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
So about 775 whp What does is weigh without driver?
I've seen different weights listed - from 5000 to 5200 lbs. So that's a fair range. Don't forget tho - these are between 900 and 1000 lb-ft of torque at the wheels too, and its a giant torque plateau from 0 to about 80-100mph. A 775whp EV is way quicker at most speeds than a comparable 775hp gasoline engine. Area under the curve - its just that EV's have no curve - the output spikes immediately on launch and just stays there.

I'm not sure how to describe it properly, but the power delivery is very different than what you are used to with gas engines. It's instant, immediate, and constant. When you push down on the skinny pedal, the acceleration doesn't grow as rpm's rise. But whatever you ask for, you continue to get exactly that rate of acceleration until you let off or speed rises above about 100-120mph and that's where the torque of the motor starts to taper off. A gradual taper, but a taper nonetheless.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts