Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I've had my coupe up to 190 on a stretch of road that was so flat that you can almost see the curvature of the earth. Controlled environment? No but with the ability to see many miles ahead, I figured it was safe enough and I was the only person in the vehicle. Once is enough and this was years ago and I haven't been over 150 since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been thinking lately about my V3 supposedly being able to do 200mph and would love to experience that. Since I wouldn't ever try something like that or anywhere close to that on public roads, I've been searching around to find a privately run program with a location that provides a safe controlled driving experience. Speed Week at Bonneville salt flats sounds cool but doesn't have the training that I'd be looking for like what I've read about at locations like the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds. Has anyone done something like this? And has anyone heard of a location in the southwest that hosts this type of driving?
Been 167.Have a 2011 coupe ,thought mirrors were going to blow off .I was racing a Galardo .But the WORST is the brakes!!Ive done them twice 1st pads(GM) then all roters and pads (GM)..Horrible!! Dont No Where to look for replacements because people dont drive the way i do!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Been 167.Have a 2011 coupe ,thought mirrors were going to blow off .I was racing a Galardo .But the WORST is the brakes!!Ive done them twice 1st pads(GM) then all roters and pads (GM)..Horrible!!

Dont No Where to look for replacements because people dont drive the way i do!
First, welcome to the forum..:)

Since I have not had to do a brake job on my 'V', with +65,000 miles,
I would think we do drive differently..;)

Cheers

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
168 Posts
Young and dumb I had my 93 RX7 on the speed limiter on a public road (157mph, if I recall) and every single time I think back on that, I shudder at the stupidity. My particular choice of road was HORRIBLE with the hindsight of all the ways it could have gone sideways.

When I pulled over afterwards, downpipe and front rotors were both glowing red. I was shocked at how much it felt like the car was floating side to side at speed. Felt "unsettled" or "light".

Not positive I care to run V up to top speed just for kicks, but I don't guess I'd say no if the right opportunity presented itself to do it "safely".

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
22 Posts
The "Wanna Go Fast" 1/2 mile events here in Atlanta are done at a local airstrip. Vengeance Racing's shop CTS-V project was hitting 176+ several years ago when I was following it closely. They also do events in Texas and Florida. Sure, that's not 200, but if you're looking to expand on that 150 mph threshold and are looking to expand what your eyes have experienced this is a good way to tip toe into that experience.

All that said, I'm new here and don't know all of the forum rules, but I could see "go big or go home" being one that isn't in favor of tip-toeing in!

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
I topped out my ws6 years back, it was all stock… I’ve heard it tops out in the low 160’s, definitely will never being doing that again. Felt like I was about to take flight.

I did have the V up to 140+ once, was a totally different animal. Felt very solid and didn’t really think I was going that fast compared to the Trans Am. I would like to think the V3 is even more stable at speed…

Reactions: Blown376
21 - 32 of 32 Posts