Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in LA county. I'm looking for someone to tune my car, once I have goodies installed. :confused:
Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Austin at RPM in Santa Clarita. He does great work and spends a good amount of time for a custom dyno tune and transmission tune.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Austin at RPM in Santa Clarita. He does great work and spends a good amount of time for a custom dyno tune and transmission tune.
Thanks. How much is his going rate?

Does anyone know who d3 uses?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Installed my pulley, plugs, isolator and custom tuned both motor and tranny was $800. He worked on the car for about 6 hours. Car performs night and day, with tons or power and quick shifts.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I'll second RPM in Santa Clarita. Great guys, good pricing.
They just finished my new motor. 635 rwhp on only 13lbs of boost! Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll second RPM in Santa Clarita. Great guys, good pricing.
They just finished my new motor. 635 rwhp on only 11lbs of boost! Couldn't be happier.
What did you have done to the car? I'm looking to do a min. 600 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
What did you have done to the car? I'm looking to do a min. 600 rwhp.
New LSA block, fully balanced & blueprinted, forged rods, forged pistons, RPM custom cam shaft, full CNC ported LSA heads, RPM ported snout, 2.55 upper 9.1 lower, kooks headers, stock mufflers, D3 intercooler.
Before the motor blew up from one of the intercooler bolts coming loose and failing into #6 chamber it made 550rwhp (stock heads, LS9 cam)
We are considering jumping to a 9.5 lower because a ZL1 with the exact same combo made 700rwhp.
I road race the car, so I might just keep the boost lower for heat reasons. It's already fast as shit!
All dyno numbers are on a Land & sea dynomite dyno.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Here's the dyno sheet
Blake's moto.gif

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
Got mine done today. Charlie did a great job, spent lots of time dialing it in, and I even improved mileage on the freeway, with the bigger injectors.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Got mine done today. Charlie did a great job, spent lots of time dialing it in, and I even improved mileage on the freeway, with the bigger injectors.
What numbers did you get? Beside injectors what else did you do?

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
What numbers did you get? Beside injectors what else did you do?
566/586

Signature has the mods. I added the TB, HX tank, and the injectors. All other mods were how I bought the car with the LPE kit.

Note: it needed a retune in part because of the 91 vs 93 octane

It was quite rich before.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362728233.775499.jpg

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sorry I'm on Tapa Talk and it doesn't show sigs, was there a HP/Tq gain?

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
About 10/10. But, LPE was a Mustang, and this was a Dynomite, I don't know how they differ.
Also, this was with 91 octane, whereas LPE was 93.

I'm less concerned about the numbers as I am about being done right. It was interesting to see the torque curve dip and rise when the second pump comes on, and then to see him tune it for that.

Experience shows!

Also, it seems to hit much harder, w/o any knocking (and KR). I haven't looked closely, but it seems to get the torque rise sooner. He thought it was pretty rich from LPE (conservative). No pulls were done on the 63# injectors, though, so no apples-apples comparison.

Time to get the DR's mounted and find a track. I guess I need a new helmet, as mine is Snell 95.

·
Registered
753 Posts
About 10/10. But, LPE was a Mustang, and this was a Dynomite, I don't know how they differ.
Also, this was with 91 octane, whereas LPE was 93.

I'm less concerned about the numbers as I am about being done right. It was interesting to see the torque curve dip and rise when the second pump comes on, and then to see him tune it for that.

Experience shows!

Also, it seems to hit much harder, w/o any knocking (and KR). I haven't looked closely, but it seems to get the torque rise sooner. He thought it was pretty rich from LPE (conservative). No pulls were done on the 63# injectors, though, so no apples-apples comparison.

Time to get the DR's mounted and find a track. I guess I need a new helmet, as mine is Snell 95.
Since your so close to me, I was curious if you would be willing to give me a ride to see if I want to do more mods. Also I bought a set up Z06 Hoosiers if you and interested in sharing them, I only 1/4 a couple times a year? Are you going to Famosa on March 16, or 17th for test and tune?
Thanks
Mario

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
$hit...you're killing me. I just had a pair of DR's shipped to Vegas because I didn't feel like paying the sales tax.
I bought a pair of Z06 fronts last week in Agoura, and got what I think was a killer deal.

No problem at all on the ride. I see you're in Ventura, but are you there for work as well? I get to T.O. every two weeks or so. We can figure it out.

As for Famosa, I'd love to, but, honestly, weekends are really tough for me because of family obligations (2 sons, wife, etc, and I am now on a softball team (first in 18 years) that has games on Sunday).

Let's see what works.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts