Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

481 - 497 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Not sure how they got a waiver to do it. Having binned numerous bikes racing your hands and shoulders take a beating. If he mucked up his hands it could be curtains F1 career. Either way I have huge respect for this guy for even trying a GP bike.

It is much easier to go from 2 to 4 wheels than 4 to 2 on a racetrack, imho. Easy being a relative term and I think overall driving the F1 car is much harder than a GP bike. Different skill set but the speed is similar on both platforms in terms of acceleration and stopping. Both pilots have no fear of speed on either machine but it takes time to learn the nuances of each unit. I found going from bikes to a formula car relatively easy to get up to speed, what I did find is that it took years to even get somewhat good at it. Motorcycles to me were always easy to ride as there is much less going on with them than a car. YMMV. I figure it would take less time for Rossi to come up to speed int he car than Hams to come up to speed on the bike.

·
Registered
839 Posts
New season is closing in!

Anyway, I'm officially a cord cutter now and trying to figure out how I'll be able to watch. Looks like I can watch live on the ESPN app, but Melbourne starts at like 2am. I've always recorded DVR with DirecTV, and then the end of last year used HULU Live DVR. I dropped HULU Live after the season ended and don't really need the added expense/function other than F1.

Any other cord cutters?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Not having DVR would kill me. I record many of the F1 races as I have season tickets to the NFL Jaguars and I don't get to watch the live races. Does the app have replays?

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
New season is closing in!

Anyway, I'm officially a cord cutter now and trying to figure out how I'll be able to watch. Looks like I can watch live on the ESPN app, but Melbourne starts at like 2am. I've always recorded DVR with DirecTV, and then the end of last year used HULU Live DVR. I dropped HULU Live after the season ended and don't really need the added expense/function other than F1.

Any other cord cutters?

I just go through the F1 TV website: you can buy a year's subscription for $20 in the US market, or $100 for the full access, on-demand and free practice stuff.

They are also now on Roku from what I understand, with the above-mentioned subscription plan. I personally just either stream it to my laptop; or if you have a suitable cellphone and television, you can "project" your phone's screen onto the television and watch it via the app on your phone.

I'm surprised Vettel still has a contract... it will be interesting to see LeClerc and Hamilton (and Max) going at it as all #1 drivers this year.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I was looking at F1 TV, but this got me.
*replay after 2 days.

All I reading this wrong and be able to stream Australia when I get up in the morning?

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
I was looking at F1 TV, but this got me.
*replay after 2 days.

All I reading this wrong and be able to stream Australia when I get up in the morning?

I wonder if that is "CYA" legalese for saying "it could take up to... 2 days?"

I have been using F1 TV since I created this thread 2+ years ago, and I almost always stream on-demand, the day of the event. The links are active typically ~1 hour after the session or race ends, and IMHO it's less glitchy than trying to watch the race live. You just have to remember that due to time zones and location, it skews the start times a little.

I've been very pleased with it - so stop bitching and just sign up. :D

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
I think they look pretty good - but also I feel like there haven't been crazy-major changes in the liveries?

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
No, it definitely belongs in WTF. HOLY SHIT do some people have WAY too much free time.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Freakin genius! Damn cheaters...

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Freakin genius! Damn cheaters...

SO they not only re-designed the rear suspension, but added the toe-adjusting steering wheel thing. Apparently they have been informing the regulatory body of this mod along the way and have essentially been told it's "legal," ie they are on the up and up and not cheating.

But once Ferrari starts complaining, it may change the politics of the situation. Still cool to see teams thinking outside the box on innovation!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Cars are still ugly. Anyone else see that Aston Martin has pulled the hypercar from the FIA/ACO only leaving Toyota. Glickehause (SP) is going but he is not a works team. This is a direct result of Stroll buying the F1 team and a stake in AM and most likely due to budget. With only one manufacturer in the top class it could be a real shitshow for world endurance of sport car racing. I also heard that they will allow the DPI to compete not sure if it is under the LMP2 banner or DPI, They are both the same basic platform only DPI is run in the states. (Again built to contain costs)

Looks like group C all over again circa 1993.

Poof.

Hope to see good F1 racing in 2020. Is China on the menu?

·
Registered
839 Posts
The cheating comment was a joke.

481 - 497 of 497 Posts