Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized I like open-wheel action this year, and have watched what I can off YouTube. I've always thought the cars and the tech was cool, but I only started really following the teams this year. Conveniently, F1 TV just came out.

Basically, 10% off through the end of May for the US market and you can either watch the replays by themselves for less than $30 a year, or you can get the premium package for under $90 annually and see every race (and several from the archives) - as well as see ALL of the in-car cameras from every team, as well as hear the team chatter or just listen to the cars screaming without any announcing.

I just signed up today and it's pretty cool. Frankly, I'm just glad to finally be able to watch the races straight through without trying to record them, wait through commercials, watch the "four-screen" shit on YouTube... or stay up until 3AM for the local channels (we killed DVR and our cable package years ago). Anyway, it's cheap and pretty enjoyable - this way I can watch the entire season at my leisure, in between smokey burnouts, hangin' with Johnny O'Connell or landscaping other peoples' yards for free.

https://f1tv.formula1.com/en/

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
I honestly haven't followed it like I used to when Schumacher would dazzle in the rain and The Finn would be just sooooo precise and methodical. I catch a race here and there when I remember to wake up early enough on a Sunday morning.

·
Premium Member
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love F1! Huge Vettel fan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I am catching up on races. I secretly hoped Alonzo would fare better with McLaren; Ferrari is a fucking monster, Hamilton seems to be struggling and as of the Chinese Grand Prix Red Bull is coming on strong...

Aren't there like four 4x Champion drivers on the circuit right now? Pretty cool to see them all go at it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I tell you, the storylines of the past 10ish years is really compelling. Seb and Hamilton both have 4 championships, Alonso has 2, Kimi has 1. Hamilton is really head and solders above in wins and poles.

Last year was a big deal IMO with Seb going for his 5th and Hamilton trying to tie him at 4 (but with more wins and poles). Mercedes had been dominant the past few years and Ferrari really lacking until Seb moved there. Ferrari looked surprisingly strong out the gate and I believe everyone expected Mercedes to run away with it, so it was a great season. In the end, Ferrari made too many mistakes and Mercedes won. This year is shaping up similarly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Went to COTA a few years back. Monaco/Monza are on my bucket list.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Went to COTA a few years back. Monaco/Monza are on my bucket list.
We went to the Nürburgring race in 2013; I took my 100hp, 3 cylinder Ford B-Max on the Nordschleife!

Mexico and Montreal are on my list as they're reasonably close for a quick trip.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I am catching up on races. I secretly hoped Alonzo would fare better with McLaren; Ferrari is a fucking monster, Hamilton seems to be struggling and as of the Chinese Grand Prix Red Bull is coming on strong...

Aren't there like four 4x Champion drivers on the circuit right now? Pretty cool to see them all go at it.
I've been watching some races whenever I can catch them over the last year and a half.. I think Hamilton is on the way back up after leading the entire race in Spain.. The only thing the Redbull idiots are good at doing is crashing into each other..

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
F1 is one of my favorites. The new HALO systems suck and ESPN's coverage is shit. Rooting for HAAS and Fernando, how can you not like him. Went to all 8 races when it was at Indy with my dad for some father and son bonding, way cool. Have a picture with Jackie Stewart 2006? met Eddie Cheever and Takuma Sato (also one of my favorite drivers) at a private function at the Columbia Cub where I was staying. No pit girls = sucks. Having raced formula cars they are a an awesome platform a surgical instrument that requires a delicate touch. The drivers are some of the best athletes in the world, and have unreal skills to pilot those beasts around the track. Miami just signed on for 2019 and I'll most likely go to that. The technology is amazing, the v6's sound like muffled farts bring back the turbo 4 bangers or the v8/10/12. Best sounding F1 car Ferrari i 412 T2, google it. Behind F1 are the group C cars from the 80's and 90's, pure analog beasts.

Liberty Media now owns F1 lets see what they can do now that the midget has sold it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is Miami a done deal? If so, I'll definitely be there.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree that the broadcast team with ESPN is not as enjoyable to listen to even though they are knowledgeable. Just lacking. And the trip up thru the grid before the race talking to notables is poor. I miss Will Buxton and the grid girls.
Hard to believe these cars run the race unrefueled on about 35 gallons of fuel. I am a fan and I like the Saturday qualifying format. Great drama.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
F1 is one of my favorites. The new HALO systems suck and ESPN's coverage is shit. Rooting for HAAS and Fernando, how can you not like him. Went to all 8 races when it was at Indy with my dad for some father and son bonding, way cool. Have a picture with Jackie Stewart 2006? met Eddie Cheever and Takuma Sato (also one of my favorite drivers) at a private function at the Columbia Cub where I was staying. No pit girls = sucks. Having raced formula cars they are a an awesome platform a surgical instrument that requires a delicate touch. The drivers are some of the best athletes in the world, and have unreal skills to pilot those beasts around the track. Miami just signed on for 2019 and I'll most likely go to that. The technology is amazing, the v6's sound like muffled farts bring back the turbo 4 bangers or the v8/10/12. Best sounding F1 car Ferrari i 412 T2, google it. Behind F1 are the group C cars from the 80's and 90's, pure analog beasts.

Liberty Media now owns F1 lets see what they can do now that the midget has sold it.
"The new HALO systems suck" AGREE..!!

·
Burnout King
3,947 Posts
The racing is not very exciting at all other than the start. Very little passing and you win with pit strategy. Only 3 teams have won in the last couple years. They need to do something to level the field and have more action.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Alonso is doing this years 24 at Lemans, he is this generations Nigel Mansell or John Andretti. He has won at the highest level, now in a shit car (Mclaren Honda) and is exploring other series. Ran Indy Last year, 24 hours of Daytona and will race anything. I love that about him. Not afraid to explore other seats when most are worried about their Image and contacts. He is like fuck it, I'll race it, get me in it. Driving in multiple disciplines is no easy feat and to come to indy and run 3rd until the piece of shit blew up is impressive.

Would love to see him in a shitbox Nascar at the Glen or Sonoma. It would be a real life Jean Girard and make for great ratings TV with him doing interviews with the rednecks.

Miami will be one non stop party with F1 in town, don't want to miss the first race. Hopefully the road course won't suck

·
Registered
151 Posts
Huge f1 fan here too. Vettel fan. This season has been great so far. A lot of nail biters. I have been to Canada and cota. Going to cota again this October. Cannot wait. Got turn 1 seats and the start is going to be something else I tell ya.

I defentely liked the nbc broadcast better too. More personable guys on their show. Can still see will buxton on YouTube. Anyway Monaco next. Go Ferrari!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Huge Raikkonen fan and Ferrari fan. I hope he still races next year at another team. Ferrari has done nothing but screw him over. Bad strategy, botched pits stops, engine failures...just ridiculous. I hope he goes to Renault or Force India and gets a fair shake. My wife and I have agreed to go to every location over our lives. My kid just turned 3 so he's almost old enough to go and not get bored after a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 497 Posts