Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks kinda like a formula that's been done many times already - but could be fun...

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
is that the sleeper show where its exotics vs cars like ours?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
It looks interesting I'll give it a shot.
The cars in the trailer all looked to be a lot more sleeperish then a V more like farm truck kind of sleeper looking all beat up and run down.

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When is it on, I'll have to check it out.
Begins April something...4th?

Theres a trailer on YouTube. If someone finds it, post the link. I saw Farm Truck in the clip so its stuff like that.

And yes - maybe a V wagon versus a Ferrari or Lambo would be nice!

Wonder how we (this forum) could get some of our top peeps on the show?

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
It reminds me of the old Dodge commercial with the Magnum blowing off the doors of the "Lambo". "Dude, what do you got in that thing?"

It's an interesting concept with potential but I take any "reality" show with a grain of salt. I think once you start putting people in front of a camera and paying them reality goes out the window.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Looks fun, so its like modified jalops vs supercars right?

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meh. After watching the trailer, I don't think I will. But then, I'm not even caught up on the Grand Tour.
Yeah - wife and I watched Grand Tour for a bit but also have fallen behind. It's a good show, just all about limited hours in the day. If I have a spare hour, I spend it doing chores, researching stocks, or just freakin sleeping!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I usually watch the Grand Tour while folding laundry. I love that my kids (6 yr old girl, and 4 yr old boy) will watch it with me, and enjoy it. For the most part, there isn't anything too bad for them.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Saw the trailer and thought the same thing as Tri, this has been done before. Netflix is trying to capitalize on the numerous other auto related type shows of years past and IMO is years late to the game. Only difference with the Netflix show is they don't get bleeped when they start talking trash

Plus anyone who knows anything about going fast knows you can throw a little bit of money at a POS in all the right places and be smoking super cars all day.

I'll do what I do with all the other shows and give it two episodes. If it don't grab me by then I wont watch it

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I’m more excited by Tyler Hoover’s new web series. Basically an American version of wheeler dealers but with better cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
SO I got bored and checked out a few episodes. It’s a time killer and that’s about it, but, second episode in and I spotted a WDT Vagon parked in the driveway during one of the “sleeper” guys life stories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Terribly slow show with not much action and very little good automotive content. I wouldn't waste your time unless your seriously bored and nothing else to watch

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I just watched all of the 1st episode then skipped to the end of each episode after just to watch the races. Not a very good show. While I'm a believer that you can throw a little money into a POS and it beat a super car some of these cars simply had no chance and were real shit piles. It would have been an all super car finale if some of these folks knew how to drive. I wont spoil it for anybody but based on the track surface at the finale could the race have gone any other way?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If I could I would go back in time and convince Paul Sr. to be a Catholic Priest. That way he would not reproduce and there would be no Paul Jr. Therefore no American Chopper and that would negate 95% of the pathetic excuses that are called car shows.

Watched Garage Squad and it was painful. From the irritating blonde that I wanted to punch to the Martin Short looking dufus, the show SUCKS.

Hopefully this show will be good and not more of the same rehashed BS.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts