Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it'll be a while until I do my first wave of mods as I'm saving to buy the parts and install all at once. In the mean time, I want the car a little bit louder so I was curious if anybody removed the factory mufflers (sedan vehicle) and replace with like a Borla type race bullet? I would think it would be a bit louder and also save some weight. I've seen some just do the muffler delete and straight pipe it, but I'm looking for a different tone. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Look up " Hurd the Nerd" on YouTube and you'll get a review of that style exhaust. Or maybe you already have and checking back here for further info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look up " Hurd the Nerd" on YouTube and you'll get a review of that style exhaust. Or maybe you already have and checking back here for further info.
Seen it, he has a cam, which isn't the sound I'm going for. Thanks though

·
Registered
228 Posts
No problem, hope you find what your looking for. Some of the guys here run cut outs which ultimately Bypass the oem mufflers. Gives you the best of both world, wild to mild. I currently run B&B test pipes and QTP cutouts to stock mufflers and boy does it get wild when I open them up. The bullets do give a mean look to the rear. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
17,813 Posts
On the V2, the stock mufflers were in fact much closer to a "bullet" or resonator style muffler. A shop cut one apart for me and we found that on the V2 it was largely a straight-thru design with a small bend thru the muffler. While it was larger and looked more like a regular muffler, inside it was merely a perforated pipe. There were two chambers, but the main pipe just ran thru both of them, with differing chamber sizes to prevent drone.

·
Premium Member
12,946 Posts
I don’t know how similar but the kooks on my car sounded fantastic
But they vibrated the car and probably better suited for a younger guy or someone who doesn’t drive their car often. my Neighbors were relieved and I received less dirty looks after putting stockers back on

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it'll be a while until I do my first wave of mods as I'm saving to buy the parts and install all at once. In the mean time, I want the car a little bit louder so I was curious if anybody removed the factory mufflers (sedan vehicle) and replace with like a Borla type race bullet? I would think it would be a bit louder and also save some weight. I've seen some just do the muffler delete and straight pipe it, but I'm looking for a different tone. Thanks in advance!!
I replaced my stock mufflers with a 3 inch xpipe and dynomax race bullets and 4 inchtips...i have a clip on YouTube under eddiesridez, hope that helps

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Another vote for cutouts. They close or open or anywhere in between and when open...it's Violent!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand wanting a better tone because I was the same way. I had dynomax ultraflo s s mufflers and they sounded good and deep on the outside but were awful on the inside. So much drone and resonance so I went back to the stock mufflers and even though it's not the sound i was looking for I'm overall happy with it. It's quiet cruising but loud under throttle with my headers and full dual 3" exhaust. I don't think you'd be happy with bullet mufflers unless you don't mind hearing the exhaust all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There’s lots of clips on Borla Xr1s and things of that nature. I would look into a Xr1 sportsman. Just did muffler deletes my self and it was everything I wanted imo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wireless DMH E-Cutouts programmed to two of your garage door overhead buttons. Used every single day. Hands down favorite mod on my daily. 3 years and not a single issue (except hard to reach the vendor without a little phone tag).
Side note; V2 stock headers, BB test pipes, magnaflow X, DMH Cutouts, Magnaflow resonated tips.
It was around $500 for the kit. $50 to weld them in place. I ran the wires up through the spear tire bung and routed to the battery area. Easy mod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts