Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Figure I should follow-up.....I replaced the sensor and the starter......fired up first crank with no issues. It cranks so much faster and smoother than before and I haven't gotten the code since!! I'm glad to have this taken care of, thanks for all of the tips!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Heading to work tonight car was driving jerky. I looked down the tach needle was at "0" & CEL was on. Got to work and scanned for codes.
P0335
P0606
I ordered the crank position sensor, after reading through this thread, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So....turns out my starter has gone out again.....I was getting the weak/hard to crank and CPS code every now and again, especially if the car was hot. This morning after about an hour drive I came out of a store and the car did a very weak attempt at a start and then just barely clicked....seemed almost like a completely dead battery type click, but I believe it's the starter again. I had the car towed home (47 miles 😳) and ordered a new starter and CPS....guess I'll be getting back under there and replacing these again.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
do u have a good heat shield around the starter ? seems like heat is the killer and if u have aftermarket headers makes it worse, u want a good heat shield but enough gap so it can also allow heat to get out of the starter too

21 - 25 of 25 Posts