Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to grab an 07 Super Snake Vert with 4600 miles on it
Orange with Black interior. I have really never been a Mustang guy but I think this is a special car, I have no idea on a valuation and could use some info.
According to the owner its 1 of 1 in the color and option combo

·
Registered
134 Posts
Super snakes are pretty bad ass however the driving dynamics are completely different. The shelby will not handle like the V also the verts are a bit more heavier than the hard tops. If you really want a vert than go for it, you will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at it for an investment
My big question is about valuation
Pricing is all over the place

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just don’t drive it around any crowds of pedestrians.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm looking at it for an investment
My big question is about valuation
Pricing is all over the place
Just a quick opinion, so take it for what it is worth :) They look to be in the $70K-90K range currently. I do not see where the value is going to increase much on these. There does not seem to be a huge following or sub-culture, if you will, tied specifically to the Super Snake. In my opinion it has lost some of its luster due to newer models producing higher horsepower (which no longer separates them) and with the Shelby America producing more newer models that aren't, again in my opinion, that great, they have taken away from the original run of special vehicles. IMHO, if you are looking at these model years of vehicles, I would think the KR is going to be a better investment than these Super Snakes. The Super Snakes are just already pretty expensive for what they are and I do not see why the ceiling would grow. However, I also think the traditional view of value and market for vehicles is being challenged. It seems that it is possibly being manipulated in areas by, those who can, (not saying it is wrong it is a free market and should be) by creating a perceived value in order to create their own gains. I think you could find a better investment elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Agree with the previous poster. While it’s a relatively rare car, I think the upside is limited, especially with Ford putting out later generations with significantly more power.

While not exactly the same thing, Just before the holidays I purchased a 2016 Roush Stage 3 convertible with only 6,000 miles. It is rated at 670 hp. I am debating having the Roush Phase 2 package installed which will bump it up to 727hp.

The problem is that the car is already a challenge to launch now. It’s a YouTube video waiting to happen. Getting it would be strictly for bragging rights.

I like it a lot. Much different ride than my V. A bit more raw.

According to Roush it is only 1 of 9 built in this color/configuration in 2016. Not that it means much as I am not worried about rarity. I do plan to enjoy it. Unlike some people on this forum, I do like Mustangs (this is my fourth) and this one is a bit more unique. It was owned by the owner of a Roush authorized Ford dealership here in southeast Michigan. He is semi-retired and had the car at his Florida home. According to the service records, he put barely over 900 miles on it last year. Ironically he just bought a new ZR-1, so he decided to sell this. The car was known by a few of my close friends who know the previous owner. Apparently the guy really babied the car. Allegedly never saw rain or snow. It is the only car that I purchased without having seen it in person, relying on word of mouth of those who knew the car. It arrived here via Reliable transport (paid for by the previous owner) and I took ownership of it a week before Christmas.

The car was flawless. Not so much as a stone chip. The challenge is keeping it away from my 21 and 23 year old sons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can buy for 50 ish. I'll post pic on Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
^^^^^

I like it... it's subtle in looks!

It's probably worth more in value than 90% of V's years to come.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can buy for 50 ish. I'll post pic on Tapatalk
I say go for it. The Shelby's are holding their value quite well. You can enjoy if for a while and when you sell it you won't take bath in the resell. You might even break out even or come close to it.

I've been looking at adding a 17 Hellcat Charger to my stable but damn, those car depreciate pretty fast. Not as fast as their non-Hellcat siblings but still faster than the V3's. If I didn't need a 4 door I too would be looking at the Shelby's.

Good luck and +1 for the Shelby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts