Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my '17 V3 with the understanding that the 2 day driver training event was included.

News release below and confirmed by the dealer when I purchased.

So I went to register and I am told by the track that it isn't available to Canadians. My dealer is not stepping up to the plate yet and denying it is included as well.

I have yet to press them because I wanted to see if any Canadians on this forum have taken the 2 day course and if it was included in the price of their car.

Cadillac Announces V-Performance Academy

Appreciate any feedback before I go argue this with the dealer.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Wouldn't shock me. Dealers are so slimy, I'd hope they step up and send you but if it isn't in writing might be an uphill battle.

·
Registered
996 Posts
That is bullshit. What does it matter where you are from? I hope they help you, it was fun as hell. I would try contacting Cadillac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Canadian V3 owner here. Unfortunately, the vegas driving school is not included in our purchase of the car. Reached out to all levels of Cadillac. Finally got a hold of the coordinator to the vegas program in New York. He said unfortunately Canadaians are SOL.
Having said that, I paid out of my own pocket to take the course. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Canadian V3 owner here. Unfortunately, the vegas driving school is not included in our purchase of the car. Reached out to all levels of Cadillac. Finally got a hold of the coordinator to the vegas program in New York. He said unfortunately Canadaians are SOL.
Having said that, I paid out of my own pocket to take the course. Highly recommended!
Interesting. Then how do we rationalize that news release? Its on the Canadian site for Cadillac (see below)?

Cadillac Announces V-Performance Academy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I asked the same thing. Although posted on a Canadian GM website, it in fact does not apply to Canadians.
Also, this has nothing to do with your dealership either. It’s not fair to them and also no point in asking them to “step up” to pay for this.
End of story.
Just trying to save you a lot of running and around and dead ends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked the same thing. Although posted on a Canadian GM website, it in fact does not apply to Canadians.
Also, this has nothing to do with your dealership either. It’s not fair to them and also no point in asking them to “step up” to pay for this.
End of story.
Just trying to save you a lot of running and around and dead ends.
Appreciate your comments but one question: what if the dealer tells you its included before you make the purchase?

On a related note, Cadillac is going to hear from me on this one - how can they post something as significant as this on their Canadian website and not disclose this info?

I have 3 Cadillacs in my driveway and this sort of thing turns me off. I feel like it is simply not truthful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts