Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ported 90mm (second one) and still throwing car into limp mode under WOT. Was even experiencing shifting problems (short shifting in auto 3-4 at 4200rom. Put on a stock 87, runs fine. The first 90 was doing this out of the box, 2nd on was fine for 1-2 months, now limp mode every time.

“Loosened” up the tune and had two tuners look at this and both have said bad TB motor, but I am doubting this the more I read. Have a 1/2 mile event coming up and really want this figured out. I’ve read where others have the same issue, but no one follows up with “hey I figured it out”

This is the gold blade, do I go silver? Bite the bullet on a NW102? I’d like this one to work account my blower is ported for to match the ported 90. Help please, running out of time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I was tired and typing on my phone. My bad on the typing errors, but the points don’t really change. This morning it hit limp mode at the top of 3rd. Cleared it and later I did a down shift to 2nd with light throttle and got that fluttering and hesitation until I lifted and it found itself, that too has been happening. I read about vibrations on the blade at WOT, cleaning and checking all the connections, just don’t understand how the stock 87 is fine and these are not. I’d check voltage, but don’t know what it should be to be honest. Just pissed and frustrated. If I go drop 900 on a NW102 boosted plus a tune a tune, am I looking at problems if I don’t port the snout right away to match? Hopefully I don’t need an adapter plate too. My fear is it won’t fix the problem either. I see where some of our cars have problems like this and others don’t, guess I got one that does. Yea.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I feel your pain. I had a similar issue but a different code. Everything pointed towards the TB and I have a NW102. I even sent it out to be upgraded to the boosted version and it didn't make a difference. Try using some MAF/TB cleaner and clean both to see if it makes a difference. It helped on mine but I ran out of good weather to see if was a permanent fix. I'll find out this spring. Here's a link to my thread. Good luck!!

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/4-engine-supercharger/118066-reduced-engine-performance-p2135.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts