1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sucked to be him.

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
Are the cars just that hard to control or is it the demographic driving them?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are not hard to drive at all if you know how to drive. Most american males think they have it all figured out. When they put the right foot down and the car reacts based on driver input, they do not have the skill set to get out of a quickly deteriorating situation. Actually fun to watch so long as the don't hurt anyone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They are not hard to drive at all if you know how to drive. Most american males think they have it all figured out. When they put the right foot down and the car reacts based on driver input, they do not have the skill set to get out of a quickly deteriorating situation. Actually fun to watch so long as the don't hurt anyone.
Plus real men turn off all the nannies, cuz those are for pussies with no skillz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
When I started driving in the late 60's we spent winter snowstorms intentionally skidding and recovering in parking lots. Those hours have paid off many times since. Have you ever driven a sports car with chains over a narrow mountain pass without guard rails and had the rear end get loose? From experience I can tell you that's a lot scarier than leaving Cars & Coffee.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are the cars just that hard to control or is it the demographic driving them?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I was wondering the same thing? I've been sideways a lot of times in my cars and enjoyed every minute of it and never once did I ever feel like it was going to go crowd surfing or ditch rolling. Has to be the demographic...because you have to do several things wrong normally to get one to snap like these mustangs do....I'm far from a professional driver, so maybe one of our track junkies can shed some light on it for us.

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
My theory is, these have typically been southern drivers who never drive in ice or snow and have no idea how to correct or keep the front wheels pointed in the direction you want to go.

Over correction is the problem every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Throttle and counter steering is your friend. We learn that in the snow doing doughnuts in the mall parking lots as kids. I agree with Larry if you have never done it you will never figure it out. Even my disdain for drifting, those guys have GREAT car control and can throttle steer and counter steer with the best drivers out there.

I was youtubing mustang crashes last night, great entertainment.

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
First thing my Dad did when I was taking Drivers Education was taking his 86 grand national to the snow covered mall parking lot and said do dognuts until you figure out how to handle a car.

Second thing was, truck and trailer and learn how to back it up.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
That's rough.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
First thing my Dad did when I was taking Drivers Education was taking his 86 grand national to the snow covered mall parking lot and said do dognuts until you figure out how to handle a car.

Second thing was, truck and trailer and learn how to back it up.

Third thing was, always wrap it up.

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
Relevant...

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
What, no bystanders struck?!? Minus 100 Mustang points
The Mustand was clearly trying to turn itself around to get back to the crowd.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts