Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac CTS-V IMSA Championship Edition
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I reside in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area. Purchased my V coupe early last summer and this car is a "keeper"! I have owned AMG's and M-Series sports cars and none of them compare to this V Coupe. I only drive it on the week-ends and occasionally take it out to a local drag strip... best run to date is 11.1 in the 1/4 mile at 125MPH. The V is very capable of high 10's but since I don't plan to install a rollbar or cage, I don't plan to push it any harder.

I just returned from a fantasic trip to the V-Series Performance Academy conducted by Cadillac Racing at the Spring Mountain Motorsports track in Pahrump, Nevada. It was a one day event with both classroom time and about 4 hours of track time... I had no idea my CTS-V was capable of such performance on a track! Nothing like throwing a V into a right hand turn at the end of a straightaway after hitting 100+ MPH, slamming on the brakes and effortlessly powering through the turn. Can't wait till next year which is supposed to be expanded to a two day event.

Got a chance to meet and spend time with John O'Connell, one of the Cadillac Racing team's drivers. He took the Cadillac Raciing team's CTS-V for a couple of laps around the track. One bad V for sure! I took a video which I posted on my Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PDQCTSV?ob=5#p/a/u/0/rawuDaMKlMQ

If any of the local DFW CTS-V owners would like to meet for some coffee or a burger one day, just send me a pm.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info here on what to do and not do to your ride. If you ever run down south to the Houston area be sure to PM me. Beer and BBQ for sure!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually get down to Houston at least once per year. Next time I am coming your way I will give you a PM.... BBQ sounds good!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it does appear Texas is well represented on the forum. This is a great forum. Kudos to the developer/forum moderator.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate all of the "welcomes"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all-

Just joined the forum the other day. What a great place to be. I have a 2011 CTS-V Coupe that I just love. One of my favorite cars. It is my daily driver and I couldn't be happier with it. I am located in North Texas and would love to get together and share car stories. Have attended Cars and Coffee in north Dallas in the past and look forward to seeing some of you there in the future.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Terry! Glad to see you here... I plan to drive out to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson soon to take a tour since I am considering joining... a buddy of mine is going who has a Z06 like yours that he just upgraded with a CAM and headers. Would you be interested in joining us for the tour? If so, I will let you know on the date.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.