Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now running the Holley dominator system and everyone said the 12 inch screen was too big and only could use the 7 inch. Well we got the 12 inch in and imo, it looks pretty damn good.
Vehicle Car Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ever get that combo sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
everything is done now minus the final tune. The issue I was having with the constant tcm codes was alleviated by getting rid of the 6l90 and also switching to the Holley dominator system. It was most likely some bad wiring which was taken care of when we got rid of the factory wiring system

Reactions: Sbchris

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s pretty wild! We need more pix!
And details. What will it do; What are it’s advantages?
Who should buy one?
it’s the complete Holley Dominator system which gets rid of the factory ecu/tcm etc… and runs a Holley Ecm. Way way way more options when it comes to tuning and what the Holley Ecu can control compared to a stock/factory ecu. The system is approx $15-20k in parts and is geared more to those who race and have higher power levels and also using nitrous as the system is basically it’s own nitrous controller as well.

my car had been to too many shops and likely he had wiring somewhere along the lines causing error codes and problems that were unfortunately easier solved by just scraping the entire stock computer system and starting fresh with the Holley.

my carhas a built 427,Kong blower, fire triple fuel pump system, nitrous system and so on. So yes the stock ecu could have worked, but doesn’t provide the options like a Holley system does. Put again, you’re paying to play

Reactions: random84

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does using that system effect or disable support for other systems such as ABS, Stabilitrak, climate controls, audio systems?
Has the car become effective a track-only car?
It has its own traction control built in. I’m not an expert on the system, my tuner is but everything the ecu controlled is now controlled by the Holley system. The radio works, nothing with the bcm is affected. The windows, door locks, key fob all work

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
526 Posts
Holy hell. For that price why not just do a motec?
get us some videos of the screen. It looks pretty cool

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
4,066 Posts
It has its own traction control built in. I’m not an expert on the system, my tuner is but everything the ecu controlled is now controlled by the Holley system. The radio works, nothing with the bcm is affected. The windows, door locks, key fob all work
Thanks for the reply. Is the car a track car, caged, etc or is it still fully streetable? Maybe somewhere in between?
Have you retained the AC system? ABS? Air Bags?
Sorry for the incessant questions, but I'm building something ~similar~ (427 LSX/maggie 2650 all the things) and I'm looking to get similar power levels (except for the bottle, so far) but at the same time, I am TRYING to keep the car stock appearing/fully functional OE systems for comfort/climate/safety. I'm hoping to thread the needle of big power/ seems mostly stock. Your setup intrigues me.
I was told by one tuner-guru guy that I HAD TO go to PRO EFI because that's what he uses and that was apparently a 4 to 7 grand thing.
I am resolved to do this on HPTuners... but I know it has lots of limitations.

· Vendor
13,811 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is the car a track car, caged, etc or is it still fully streetable? Maybe somewhere in between?
Sorry for the incessant questions, but I'm building something ~similar~ (427 LSX/maggie 2650 all the things) and I'm looking to get similar power levels (except for the bottle, so far) but at the same time, I am TRYING to keep the car stock appearing/fully functional OE systems for comfort/climate/safety. I'm hoping to thread the needle of big power/ seems mostly stock. Your setup intrigues me.
I was told by one tuner-guru guy that I HAD TO go to PRO EFI because that's what he uses and that was apparently a 4 to 7 grand thing.

There is no reason your build cannot be tuned with HP Tuners. The Holley system on this car cannot control a 6L90 and he has switched to a 3 speed TH 400.

· Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
matt is correct, the Holley cannot control the 6l90so I switched to a 400 with an air shifter. The Holley can control a 4l80 though if you wanted to stay with an auto trans.

the cost is not set at what I paid for the Holley, as you can go as bare bones or as full out with accessories for the system as you want for your application. The amount of add-ons for things the system can control is endless but up to you what you’d want to pay for. Could probably get it down closer to 10k with less options and a smaller screen. The 12 inch screen is the biggest one they have and was like 2500 alone if I remember. Might have been less.

The ac doesn’t work due to the hvac not being able to be controlled by the Holley. I’ve heard there is a way around this but at this point I don’t really care. I’ll roll the windows down.

the car is streetable as much as a 400 can be. I can cruise on the Highway but again, I have no over drive so take that for what it is. It drives normal around town as it doesn’t kick in the power until you really get into boost. I will be putting in a cage, just haven’t got to that yet, it’s the last thing on my list to do but will be done.

i have videos, butI haven’t figured out an easy way to upload them here via the mobile app

Reactions: loweredd
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.