Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing on my 17 V that on very smooth pavement, the ANC system seems to be overcompensating and making a very deep bass rumble that comes in/out about once per second. Its not loud, just noticeable enough to bug the shit outta me. Does not get faster with more speed, so that eliminates any drivetrain issues. Recently got new tires, same noise.

Whats the fastest/easiest way to disable the ANC temporarily so I can pinpoint the issue? I know unplugging a mic wire is more reversible, but I don't see an easy way to get at the plugs in the headliner. Trunk or door open disables ANC, but I can't drive freeway with trunk/door open.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The system consists of three microphones and the amplifier so the only thing I can recommend is disconnecting the amplifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to pull out the plastic cubby on the right side of the trunk to access the ANC plug instead of pulling the liner.

I know the low speed serial wire is involved with the parking sensors. I'll give it a try with the connector unplugged, and if I like it, looks like I can buy a bypass connector from LLJ customs for about $12+$5 shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so driving around with the ANC plug out, seems like the ANC actually does quite a bit to dampen low frequency road noise. No change in tire noise, wind noise, engine noise, or new drone.

I drove on the same road where I had the issue, and the noise that was bothering me was even louder! So it seems that whatever they did to that asphalt texture is just making a lot of low frequency rumble noise, and ANC was already helping some.

Moral of the day: leave ANC on if you aren't adding a sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts