Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...on temporarily using a ported LSA blower with runner work to feed a LS7 headed 388 LSX?

I only ask because I'm over here pricing shortblocks and getting a headache.

An anonymous person has offered a deal on a 388 LSX, weisco, callies, o-ringed, CA625's topped with LS-R heads for about the price of just a shortblock.

I see I'd need adapter plates for the blower as well as be utilizing all of my covers, balancer, accessories, etc.

The EVENTUAL move would be to twins...otherwise I would never consider this move first. If I can't do both at the same time...I'd want a solid foundation first before going balls deep.

This is all while the car is forsalebutnotforsalebutforsale. Kinda. Ha.

Just looking at plan B.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
If it's too good to be true...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it both is and isnt. We all know the person. It's just not the timing I had in mind.

The price is fair given the fact it is used afterall... I totaled up cost of parts and it's roughly about 4k off new which is expected.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Then fo.

Adapter plates will probably cause interference with the blower and hood though. I'd sort those out first to make sure you don't have to lower the engine a 1/4 inch...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V Power hood. For the win. Never thought it would ever have a purpose. Plates are half inch so we should be good there.

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Then yes, you have every reason to take this Mystery Man up on his generous offer for a night with your wi- wait. I think I'm confusing this with a movie I saw once...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
El. Oh. Fucking. El.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts