Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time launching the car since adding a BTR stage 3 cam, 1300 injectors, pulley, springs, all that jazz. It was at a no prep event. I guess I had it coming. They had a daily class I entered in, and we were the first class to run, luckily I had a bye run and had no one next to me. Link to the rest of my passes for the night, which weren't great, my nerves won the best of me. Oh well, till next time !

Instagram Reel Video - Clip of sketchy pass
Full OSW No Prep Video - The rest of my passes for the night.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Loosey Goosey.

High pucker factor there.

Nice recovery.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sounds like you were spinning hard, lifted, and got back into it. Unless your running Pro Mod or Top
Fuel, the rule of thumb is that if you lift, don’t get back into it. When you lift, you unload and unsettle the rear suspension so getting back onto it is dicey. Plus you’re not getting a W or a personal best time slip if you lifted.

I might be wrong, just going by sound on the video.

Good save!

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you were spinning hard, lifted, and got back into it. Unless your running Pro Mod or Top
Fuel, the rule of thumb is that if you lift, don’t get back into it. When you lift, you unload and unsettle the rear suspension so getting back onto it is dicey. Plus you’re not getting a W or a personal best time slip if you lifted.

I might be wrong, just going by sound on the video.

Good save!
Oh 100% I lifted, and got back into at least 2 times in that video. the first time was so minor I felt fine getting back into it, the 2nd time is when it got dicey. so many factors contributed to that pass. I get my new tires today, so hopefully that helps one of the many issues I had that night. we shall see.

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
169 Posts
Thanks for posting... I had a very similar performance a few weeks ago on the hot rod power tour in Norwalk. My first time ever on a track and no prep. I found out real quick that I may have started with too much car for a first time track experience. I didn't have the balls to get right back into the throttle as you did after I went sideways.

Reactions: AmandaRaeJeann

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting... I had a very similar performance a few weeks ago on the hot rod power tour in Norwalk. My first time ever on a track and no prep. I found out real quick that I may have started with too much car for a first time track experience. I didn't have the balls to get right back into the throttle as you did after I went sideways.
Yeah I feel like maybe I shouldn't have gotten right back into it, but I always ... or typically am able to let off for a second, then get back into it, and it catches. on the no prep, it just wasn't catching. glad you made it out safely too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.