Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to confess this.........did anyone else in a rush of excitment install the airaid and overlooked usisng the small screws for the maf sensor and instead put the stocks back in cross threading the tube?............i did.

Worst part is a new tube is over 80 bucks.

Yikes.

Stupid me.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Nope.

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
Retap threads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Just wanted to confess this.........did anyone else in a rush of excitment install the airaid and overlooked usisng the small screws for the maf sensor and instead put the stocks back in cross threading the tube?............i did.

Yikes.

Stupid me.
Dang man...I was helping a buddy swap an intake on his 6.7 F350 in the parking lot at work and we made that mistake...really sucked given that it was a molded tube with captured nuts in the plastic. No retapping possible. It was only one of two screws and he managed to rig something with some epoxy...looks like your'e buying a new tube my friend :(

$80 isn't terrible for the tube given the cost of the intake overall IMO.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts

Yikes.

Stupid me.
Back when I had an airaid I started but felt it wasn't correct right away so I backed it out and found the smaller screws before it was too late.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts