Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I happened to be flipping through my Woodward fab catalog the other day and they're selling the clear plastic covers with elastic bottom for like 12 bucks I think. Not bad for inside storage like over the winter I thought, and it's so cheap you can just toss it. Unless you bump into your stuff like mentioned above and need padding.

I think they're more marketed for car shows when rain is coming.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Plastic won't breath, inviting rust.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
So I ordered, then got a cancelation notice because they are not in stock and back ordered.

😢

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ray check that out, if you use eBay says 5 in stock, has the Cadillac script instead of the v logo on side. Don’t know if you mind

·
Registered
267 Posts
Comes up 12-13 but coupes are all the same, I have an 11 and a 14 cover I bought used on eBay and fits perfectly

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The key here is what does Kenny want in a cover? Just dust? Some padding to protect against the occasional random 'hit'? Fit like a glove? I mean, bed sheets will work. Whaddya want, Kenny?
Indoor for the most part, definitely the dust prevention, fittied, UV protection due to the sun hitting the rear when the garage is open, and any protection from dummies hitting the V with dumb shit Ike family carrying groceries in with heavy shit that’ll hit and damage or scratch any paint. Not too worried about weather bc it’s garage kept. Not really wanting to spend $300-400 when I feel like there’s one out there that’ll work for my needs. Maximum $200-250

·
Dick Pickles
5,849 Posts
Indoor for the most part, definitely the dust prevention, fittied, UV protection due to the sun hitting the rear when the garage is open, and any protection from dummies hitting the V with dumb shit Ike family carrying groceries in with heavy shit that’ll hit and damage or scratch any paint. Not too worried about weather bc it’s garage kept. Not really wanting to spend $300-400 when I feel like there’s one out there that’ll work for my needs. Maximum $200-250
I really think you would like the Eastwood. Especially for the price. I’m surprised they sell them for so cheap. It’s a pretty thick stretch fabric and does a great job protecting the car from normal garage stuff, kids, wives, etc. This is specifically for indoor.

Reactions: tinman

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I really think you would like the Eastwood. Especially for the price. I’m surprised they sell them for so cheap. It’s a pretty thick stretch fabric and does a great job protecting the car from normal garage stuff, kids, wives, etc. This is specifically for indoor.
I did decide to go with the Eastwood. I haven’t unboxed it yet but liked the price and what it does. I’m in the middle of stripping the wax, polishing, then throwing a good coat of wax on it before I cover her up. But I’ll definitely let y’all know my thoughts once I get it covered. Appreciate the advice and tips

Kenny

Reactions: tinman

·
Dick Pickles
5,849 Posts
I did decide to go with the Eastwood. I haven’t unboxed it yet but liked the price and what it does. I’m in the middle of stripping the wax, polishing, then throwing a good coat of wax on it before I cover her up. But I’ll definitely let y’all know my thoughts once I get it covered. Appreciate the advice and tips

Kenny
Awesome! I have certainly been pleased with it. I will definitely be interested in your thoughts. (y)

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Awesome! I have certainly been pleased with it. I will definitely be interested in your thoughts. (y)
Prdnme, thanks for the Eastwood cover info. I do love it so far. I just need to know if I purchased the right size. What size did you get? I thought you had said, but I don’t see it in this thread. I went with medium and it may be too small. Or I may not have it on perfectly. Here’s a pic of each side and it appears to be short. I figured Large would be too big. Thoughts? Please ignore the garage floor. I’m doing some touch up from the errors I made when I painted it 😬
436CB77A-B35C-42B6-8B8D-960F9C9ECFAC.jpeg
D986FE63-FB96-4BF7-92AF-EF72A3BF757F.jpeg
Pl

·
Dick Pickles
5,849 Posts
Ugh...the medium does look a little snug. I have a large for my wagon, and it covers the sides well. Like you, I guessed on the size and the large worked for the wagon. It looks like a large would be a better fit since the coupe is very “bulbous”.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ugh...the medium does look a little snug. I have a large for my wagon, and it covers the sides well. Like you, I guessed on the size and the large worked for the wagon. It looks like a large would be a better fit since the coupe is very “bulbous”.
Yea now I remember you saying that(I think) I was afraid Large would be way too big. Prolly should have researched the measurements for these cars. Oh well, hopefully they’ll exchange it without an issue. Thx

21 - 38 of 38 Posts