Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see a lot of threads on car covers but what I don’t see is why there’s such a big gap on prices. I get the indoor/outdoor, fitted etc.... but I see on Amazon one for $95 that claims it has soft material, dust protection, FITTED, tie cables. Then you go to Cover King and they have basically the same thing for $300-400.
What I’m looking for, bc I’m so tired of wiping down my car with the California Car Duster everyday is one that’s easy to throw on for one person that will just keep the dust off in my garage. But I don’t wanna waste $100 on the crappy Amazon one if it ain’t worth a shit.
Or should I just use common sense and say you get what you pay for? I’m only drive my car on weekends and sometimes not even then. So it sits a lot. But I hate looking at all the dust as I pass through my garage daily(super OCD).
anyone have one I’m looking for? For a reasonable price?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
My V Wagon is a garage queen. I purchased a Custom Fit Techsoft from Covercraft. Quality construction, soft and fitted. It fits tightly, like a hot babe in painted on jeans. It takes the "brush against" and slight hits with a cardboard box, for example all the while keeping the dust off. I wash it at the most once a year and let it air dry. I have zero regrets purchasing this cover. If I were to have an issue with it it is almost too tight. I say that because I park close to the wall in my garage and it is "difficult" (because I'm lazy) to remove with the fitted mirror pocket near the wall, which is less than 12'' away.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
double post

·
Dick Pickles
5,973 Posts
I have two different versions of the “OEM” wagon cover. They are ok. I recently bought the $100 stretch cover from Eastwood for the garage. Absolutely love it! Fits the wagon great!!
I guessed and went with the large due to the measurements, and it was perfect.
Eastwood Stretch Cover

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My V Wagon is a garage queen. I purchased a Custom Fit Techsoft from Covercraft. Quality construction, soft and fitted. It fits tightly, like a hot babe in painted on jeans. It takes the "brush against" and slight hits with a cardboard box, for example all the while keeping the dust off. I wash it at the most once a year and let it air dry. I have zero regrets purchasing this cover. If I were to have an issue with it it is almost too tight. I say that because I park close to the wall in my garage and it is "difficult" (because I'm lazy) to remove with the fitted mirror pocket near the wall, which is less than 12'' away.
Nice! I’ll definitely be looking at them

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the oem one for the garage, fits like a glove
If I remember from yesterday(gettin old)I searched for the GM OEM cover but couldn’t find one for the V2. I’ll double check that tho. Thx

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It's nice. I'm happy I purchased that one. It has saved the finish of my car from those bumps they inevitably get in the garage.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have two different versions of the “OEM” wagon cover. They are ok. I recently bought the $100 stretch cover from Eastwood for the garage. Absolutely love it! Fits the wagon great!!
I guessed and went with the large due to the measurements, and it was perfect.
Eastwood Stretch Cover
Thanks for the link. I’m guessing Medium for the Coupe would be sufficient?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tinman I think they changed their names to their lineup, can you take a look at their new names and see what yours is comparable to? I don’t see the Techsoft on their website

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It was the best one I could buy (to my belief) for 100% indoors.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
WeatherShield HP shows softness and dust protection both 5*. $569.00. When you go there give them your email and get a discount. A small screen should pop up to fill in.

·
Dick Pickles
5,973 Posts
Thanks for the link. I’m guessing Medium for the Coupe would be sufficient?
I would think so. I large is snug in the wagon, and I could stretch it a little more if needed. The wagon is only 3.5 inches longer than a coupe and they have similar fat asses.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Oem one that I have, fits coupe perfectly and you get V logos.... lol
Part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Reactions: Ctarb1 and tinman

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
If only using it indoors, the cover king satin stretch cover is fantastic. I have one for each one of my cars.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If only using it indoors, the cover king satin stretch cover is fantastic. I have one for each one of my cars.
The key here is what does Kenny want in a cover? Just dust? Some padding to protect against the occasional random 'hit'? Fit like a glove? I mean, bed sheets will work. Whaddya want, Kenny?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts