Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any pics of aftermarket seats they've used? Interested in something that doesn't look too out of place, and who has used airbag simulators. Pretty much over searching for recaros.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If your looking for recaros you could try hawks motorsports in Easley SC they have a bunch of V’s for salvage. Ryan in the parts dept really knows his stuff.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've contacted hawks, problem is most of the salvage seats are bent and the seat belt retractors are junk. There's one set on ebay that have been on there forever that say they're refurbished for 5400... You could buy a nicer seat for that kind of dough.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I gotcha, for what it’s worth the pre tensioner is exactly the same from your base seat, you can just swap them over. Did that on my first v I’m a huge fan of the recaro seats

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy them, I looked when I was looking at seats with blown bags. Not worth it, and that's why they still have them lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is your goal to replace the seats for daily driving or just in race situations? I'm going to have a separate seat that I bolt in for the track only and daily with my stock non-Recaros.

I've run PRP seats in my desert trucks and they are very comfortable. You can custom design any seat you want for a decent price. I'm sure you would design it to suit the look of the V. Check them out.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking for something more to leave in all the time for an all around seat, I love the a4s but I just don't think they have the characteristics of a Cadillac seat. I've seen a few v2s with real leather sportster 2s that look nice, but never get any feedback from them, other than the one guy that had the car for sale with the airbag light still on. I may be stuck rebuilding a set of stock recaros to get the functionality I'm after unfortunately. Or I could order a set of full leather a4s to try and just stick them in my c5 if it doesn't work out. They're awful narrow though.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
385 Posts
You can buy them, I looked when I was looking at seats with blown bags. Not worth it, and that's why they still have them lol
$750 per seat for covers? Wow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts