Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2012 V wagon which is 100% stock with 14k miles. The exhaust is too quiet and I am thinking about aftermarket mufflers. I do not want it to be too loud (like my 67 side pipe Corvette) or droning on the highway just a little more rumble. Looking for suggestions - audio or video would be great! Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2011 Black Wagon
429 Posts
“Maybe keep the stock mufflers, do the whole headers+mid/x pipe, and put on qtp cutouts like I did? Make it loud on demand”

That’s what I did minus qtp (but that’s next) and like it a lot. Only gets truly loud when in boost under a bridge! Wifey approved

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“Maybe keep the stock mufflers, do the whole headers+mid/x pipe, and put on qtp cutouts like I did? Make it loud on demand”

That’s what I did minus qtp (but that’s next) and like it a lot. Only gets truly loud when in boost under a bridge! Wifey approved
QTP cut outs were my first thought - I was thinking somewhere between too quiet and too loud there is a happy all the time medium...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks - I was not sure you could open them partially - based on that information I will be purchasing QTPs and installing over the winter.
I believe, from reading threads/posts, there are two different controllers/options for the QTP cutouts. One style has two buttons (open and close) that you have to hold the button to open/close the valves, so you are able to set them at any position by letting go of the button. (I have that set). The other one (which I have only heard about) is a one touch which will open or close them, not sure if another press of the button stops the valves. Just make sure you know what you are getting before ordering.

Reactions: PYasher

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe, from reading threads/posts, there are two different controllers/options for the QTP cutouts. One style has two buttons (open and close) that you have to hold the button to open/close the valves, so you are able to set them at any position by letting go of the button. (I have that set). The other one (which I have only heard about) is a one touch which will open or close them, not sure if another press of the button stops the valves. Just make sure you know what you are getting before ordering.
Also remember that depending on where you live the cutouts might be illegal. I am in California and although I have passed a registration smog check I am committed to removing the cutouts if I get busted in the future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also remember that depending on where you live the cutouts might be illegal. I am in California and although I have passed a registration smog check I am committed to removing the cutouts if I get busted in the future.
Thanks - that was very helpful. I live in Ohio so no issue with the smog police. I definitely want to have the option to open them partially so I will be sure to ask when I purchase them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.