Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I recently moved mines from the OEM clock location and bought the defroster vent gauge pod from aero force . Definitely a lot easier if you need to remove it for my updates or whatever. If your not finna use the white face plate just sand down the part that says ’ Aeroforce ‘ til it’s smooth and just paint it matte / satin black . That’s what I did .

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
that’s actually mines and it’s sold already . I believe right now if it’s ordered directly from aeroforce it’s at least a 2week wait .

·
Registered
2013 CTS V
96 Posts
I mean u can always just say “hey Siri/bixby what time is it “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I typically just look at my smart watch anyway. Not really a huge deal. It's just dark on the aeroforce bc I have the nguage hooked up. But I just got the connector today to have both on at the same time. So happy about that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I just finished installing the Interceptor. A few thoughts on my situation. I def assumed that when I ordered it from WeaponX and they ask you to specify what car it's being installed in that it would've came with the V faceplate as shown in the pictures. It didn't. I also thought I remembered reading that it comes with a black bezel and a chrome bezel. It didn't. It only came with the black and white Aeroforce faceplates and the black bezel. Bummer. I wanted the V plate. But I am fine with the black bezel as that's the one I would've used anyways. HOWEVER... since I installed it in the clock location and couldn't see a simple no-mod way to install it without using the factory chrome clock bezel to hold it in place, the Aeroforce bezel didnn't get used anyways. The install was actually very simple, just tedious with the 500 small screws that need to be removed to separate the concole from the shiny face plate. The 1st two things I realized once it was installed and I turned the car on was 1: I want my clock back already lol. So I will DEF be ordering the defroster vent mount from OEMPROVEMENTS.COM because Im not willing to sacrifice or cut into my little change storage cubby. I just hope that doesn't introduce a sun glare issue on the gauge. And then I will also be able to use the nice black bezel. And 2: the gauge itself is SLOW AS SHIT when going through the initial menu setup. Like painfully slow. It's like "press the button, pause for 5 sec, press the button, pause for 5 sec, press the button, pause for 5 sec..." Ugh... So I'm hoping that's only when scrolling through the menu and not a telltale of the actual displayed info being on a 5+ sec delay. Ultimately I am happy with it so far. And once I dive into my next round of shop installed mods I will want to add the wideband sensor. And I'm not sure if the pieces that I mentioned not being included were my own misunderstanding or me getting slightly screwed over by WeaponX. I've heard good and bad about dealing with them. And I've personally experienced good and "meh" with them. So yeah... Any thoughts or info on the missing parts? How can I get the V plate? And any thoughts on the defroster vent mount I mentioned?
Weapon X, ughh… There‘s better places to spend $$$$

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought the same thing about the "slowness" of the gauge when I 1st installed it. The next day when I went to drive the car the gauge function properly and I was able to scroll normally! I Initially was going to use it in the clock location so I pulled all the trim pieces and wrapped them in carbon fiber (more power to those that do it for a living....that was a test of my patience lol), but there was a few days delay in shipping from Mont on the aeroforce so I just put everything back together and ordered the vent pod from oemprovement (quick shipping, responded quickly to my questions!). Very happy I went with the vent location to keep the clock. View attachment 153540
What kind of steering wheel is that? Leather, carbon, and paddle shifters!

·
Registered
91 Posts
What kind of steering wheel is that? Leather, carbon, and paddle shifters!
I’m not sure what the price tag on that one was but also check out Vladi Mnatsakanov on Facebook him and another guy run SDP the wheels and carbon stuff they make looks good on all the pics I’ve seen posted in the groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Don’t think I’ve heard this too much about them.
Not sure if that was sarcasm. But I'm not totally knocking them. I know Brent has had a solid reputation with this forum. And he def has a great selection on his website. I've personally just had a few very minor delays/issues the few times I've ordered from them. So with my impatience being the driving force, I will most likely shop around a bit next time I need V stuff. HOWEVER... I will say that when he has his periodic sales, it is hard to say no to the savings he's offered. And if/when the time comes for any body upgrades. His Vented Power Hood is def #1 on my list.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Not sarcasm at all. I’ve just always heard good things about them, so it was odd to hear two different people that were potentially unhappy with them.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts