Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wideband decided to display SENS on the screen one day and I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong with it. I checked the wires down to the os sensor and they are fine. Unplugged cable from gauge and also unplugged o2 sensor and pulled it to take a peek. Any ideas??

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Bad sensor? This is covered in the manual, is the sensor heating up up?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Or a bad gauge. Had this happen to me and it turned out to be the gauge. Sent it to AEM and they sent me a new one.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad sensor? This is covered in the manual, is the sensor heating up up?
Can’t find my paperwork to read up on it. Not sure if it’s heating up. I had pulled it and sprayed some maf cleaner on it to see if that would do anything. Is that sensor the same one as what came in the car or is it a different one to work specifically with that gauge?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or a bad gauge. Had this happen to me and it turned out to be the gauge. Sent it to AEM and they sent me a new one.
I’ve had the gauge for over a year but has only been in the car for about 7-8 months. How old was yours when you sent it back and what did they ask you for when returning?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I’ve had the gauge for over a year but has only been in the car for about 7-8 months. How old was yours when you sent it back and what did they ask you for when returning?
Mine was only a few months old and I had the receipt to send them. It's worth contacting them as they may help you out anyways. It happened to me twice and they replaced the gauge each time. The first time they replaced it with the same gauge and the second time they replaced it with the updated version AND the original version. 30-0330 was the original and 30-0333 was the updated one IIRC. Great service from AEM if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Can’t find my paperwork to read up on it. Not sure if it’s heating up. I had pulled it and sprayed some maf cleaner on it to see if that would do anything. Is that sensor the same one as what came in the car or is it a different one to work specifically with that gauge?
It's a wideband sensor so it's different than the OEM sensor. The manual is online and easy to find.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Easy pull the sensor and turn the gauge on wait a little while and see it is warm or hot (Don't just grab it though). It's a different sensor then the NB 02's on the car, It's a Bosch 17025 WB sensor.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a faulty display from AEM as well that only several months old. I contacted them, showed my Amazon proof of purchase, and they sent me a display that was one model newer free of charge.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This. Call/Email them and let them know. If you can find your receipt/order # from when you got it that will help. But they are usually pretty helpful and should get you a replacement.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Dealing with this now. ‘SENS’ won’t go away.

Email support had me check the connections at the back of the gauge. All good.

I’m going to indicate I want a new gauge ad point them to this thread.

I don’t mind chasing electrical gremlins that I create. But I’m pretty confident it’s the gauge.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thinking out loud—did you guys install the sensor so it is clocked correctly in the pipe?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts