Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My issue is I just did a 2.4 upper, CAI, and flex kit and my fuel pumps are maxed on E60. I have read a couple different posts about the AEM drop in fuel pumps with success. Right now I am on the fence of buying a JMS voltage booster or buying the AEM fuel pumps. If I do a direct swap of OEM pumps with the AEM pumps will it set off the check engine light?? I don't really plan on doing more mods, at least not for a while. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sevy,

You will likely be fine with AEMs. The consensus will be to do aux kit, it will definitely work and give you some room to grow. Depends on your budget and mindset. I have been running DW300cs for over a year on pump e79 with nary an issue. HPtuners now allows you to disable the CEL from the FPCM, as well as flash the FPCM for various parameters for 1 credit.

If youre a gambling man on a budget, try the AEMs. They're cheap and will likely not give you any issues with your current power level. If you have the coin to go aux kit, you will have more guaranteed peace of mind.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 80% sure I am going to do the JMS voltage booster. I was just comparing a $400 voltage booster, or $250 direct drop in replacement. But if it sets off a check engine light....doesn't really sound like a direct replacement...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I am 80% sure I am going to do the JMS voltage booster. I was just comparing a $400 voltage booster, or $250 direct drop in replacement. But if it sets off a check engine light....doesn't really sound like a direct replacement...
As somebody with the AEM pumps and a JMS BAP, im telling you to just get the AUX kit

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
As somebody with the AEM pumps and a JMS BAP, im telling you to just get the AUX kit
I concur. The AEM pumps do help, but without pushing up the voltage they will still fall short on pump E. One important thing left out is what injectors are you running? That will make a big difference.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I currently have ID1050x. My tuner told me a voltage booster is fine for my mods, but an aux would give me room to grow. I don't really plan on doing more than exhaust cutouts this year so I figured JMS was good option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts