Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In effort to keep this as concise as possible, I'm looking for advice on how to deal with a used car dealership who I believe misrepresented options on a 2014 CTS-V I purchased one year ago.

The car is a 2014 White Diamond Tricoat with yellow Brembo calipers and black wheels with 28K miles.
I paid what I'd call a premium of $42K for this car because of how low the miles were on this "rare" color combination.

One of the selling points of this dealer was "White Diamond Tricoat with the factory black wheels is the most rare of rare color combinations" and used this color combination to compare the price/miles against other cars with this combination for sale at the time. They would not budge on their listed price.

A few months after owning the vehicle I noticed the wheels started to peel in some spots, meaning the wheels have plasti dip on them. After doing some research and contacting Cadillac Customer Service, I've been told the factory wheel options for my VIN are "Q6P - WHEELS, 19" POLISHED ALUMINUM (REPLACES STD/OPT WHEELS)".

So the question is, what should I do?

The used car dealerships led me to believe the factory wheels were the satin black color while Cadillac is telling me polished aluminum. As I mentioned before, the dealership used the color of the car, calipers, and wheels, along with low miles, as a main reason for their high price.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
you do nothing and if you really want satin graphite wheels have them powdercoated
im more shocked that this plastidip job was done so well that for months you thought they were original satin graphite wheels- which im not sure you are aware are NOT all black, they have some sparkle to them

you can try a phone call to the general manager but I doubt its going to go anywhere

·
Super Moderator
16,996 Posts
Car dealers are dumb, they probably really thought they were factory wheels.

It doesn’t make the car more valuable to have graphite vs polished wheels.

Like it was mentioned, get wheels powder coated and don’t look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Burn down the dealership

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,996 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Many used car dealers will do and say damn near anything to sell a car and justify their price while simultaneously knowing almost nothing about the car they're trying to offload. They also love to play the "rare and/or valuable" card. Unfortunately you fell for their BS. Nothing to do now but chalk it up as a lesson learned, then go out and enjoy driving your car.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You bought it a YEAR AGO?? You got no leg to stand on unless you got it in writing.

Ever heard the phrase "Buyer beware" you should have done a VIN check to see the options before buying.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The quote I posted was directly from their ad.. “factory black wheels”.
When checking out a car to purchase, the last thing I was looking for at the time is the factory wheel color? I’m looking for wrecks, number of owners, etc. Didn’t think that would be something the dealer would lie about. I did not think twice about it until the peeling.
You bought it a YEAR AGO?? You got no leg to stand on unless you got it in writing.

Ever heard the phrase "Buyer beware" you should have done a VIN check to see the options before buying.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The quote I posted was directly from their ad.. “factory black wheels”.
When checking out a car to purchase, the last thing I was looking for at the time is the factory wheel color? I’m looking for wrecks, number of owners, etc. Didn’t think that would be something the dealer would lie about. I did not think twice about it until the peeling.
You're probably fortunate that is the only thing.

When you did the VIN research, has the SC been swapped?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Didn’t think that would be something the dealer would lie about.
As stated earlier, most dealers have no idea what should and shouldn't be a option on a car. So I would bet they had no idea they were dipped or checked to see what they should have been. When I bought mine I was told it had a Corsa exhaust. It's a Billy Boat and it says so right on the mufflers...

Other than the wheels, you happy with it? I've owned mine since 2015 and loved every minute of it. Even more now that I am modding it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I bought ha 2017 ATS-V with the Carbon Black package. After getting the car turns out it was built without the black accents. A previous owner had the wheels powder coated, swapped out the grill for the black grill, and the thing that caught my eye was a piece of rear trim that was wrapped black. But I didn't blame the dealer as I would not expect them to look up the build sheet to determine this on the car. It was a Cadillac dealership and the supplied the CPO paperwork and complete service history of the car.

·
Super Moderator
16,996 Posts
OP, you can always buy factory graphite wheels, last I checked they are about $1600-$2000 for a set new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
lol @ OP. Used car dealers are at best stupid and don't know what they are talking about or at worst lie through their teeth with every word.

You live and learn, and honestly this is like the most minor little inconvenience. Get them powder coated if you want black wheels like others said.
This isn't some supercar where "rare" factory options mean anything for value. Literally no one cares if its the factory satin wheels or not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts