Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spawn of What are you running MAF only or SD or Blend? CTS-V only... starting from post 8 as suggested by Random84.
While trying to solve a drivability/stumble issue, I recently discovered that my car has a MAF only tune. What I'm wanting to do now is complete my tune by tuning on the SD functions and re-enable this into my current MAF only tune. My disclaimer is that I don't yet have enough tuning knowledge to complete this so this is a work in progress.

Here's a link to a couple of logs that started this: HPT - Google Drive

For now I'm headed back to goat rope garage to watch more videos...

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
I have a tuning thread that spells it out. Goat Rope Garage is what I used to get oriented to the platform- great resource.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found that one this morning, working on a new file for mine now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
just remember to fail the maf properly and set it so it fails instantly for SD tuning, then there are some affects of the fail maf u have to adjust for, i usually set the maf table to all zero so i know its not in play when adjusting the SD side especially if u still have the maf in place seeing airflow, also log maf sensor state it should show if its failed or not, maf is easy to dial in its only airflow, sd is load so is more work to get right but will make everything much better after especially drivability

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just remember to fail the maf properly and set it so it fails instantly for SD tuning, then there are some affects of the fail maf u have to adjust for, i usually set the maf table to all zero so i know its not in play when adjusting the SD side especially if u still have the maf in place seeing airflow, also log maf sensor state it should show if its failed or not, maf is easy to dial in its only airflow, sd is load so is more work to get right but will make everything much better after especially drivability
Thank you, I'm taking notes... Also found a SD tuning video by the tuning school, and i'm pretty sure the car is a LSA ZL1.

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SD tuning video from HP tuners:

·
Registered
124 Posts
ooh and if ur watching goat rope videos just dont zero out the injector tip temp offset as he says, it will only cause issues with hot start as that table should be adjusted correctly to suit the new injectors used, the zeroing it out was an early fix but found caused issues, plenty of info on the hptuners site if u like to read and when u do make changes keep all changes so u can go back if it dosnt work, biggest thing i can say is just test, test, test the more u learn about the tables and how/what they affect the easier it will become

Reactions: loweredd

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ooh and if ur watching goat rope videos just dont zero out the injector tip temp offset as he says, it will only cause issues with hot start as that table should be adjusted correctly to suit the new injectors used, the zeroing it out was an early fix but found caused issues, plenty of info on the hptuners site if u like to read and when u do make changes keep all changes so u can go back if it dosnt work, biggest thing i can say is just test, test, test the more u learn about the tables and how/what they affect the easier it will become
Haven't come across that yet. Made a note for when I do. I have been reading on HPtuners forums but a lot of that is over my head at this point.

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any suggestions on widebands? Do I need a gauge or can I just go with a setup to feed my MPVI2 directly? It's my understanding that I don't need one for anything other than tuning and logging for tuning specific reasons. I don't want to have to create a space for a gauge to live in the cockpit but I'll do what it takes..

·
Premium Member
16,069 Posts
Any suggestions on widebands? Do I need a gauge or can I just go with a setup to feed my MPVI2 directly? It's my understanding that I don't need one for anything other than tuning and logging for tuning specific reasons. I don't want to have to create a space for a gauge to live in the cockpit but I'll do what it takes..
I tend to log almost every time I drive the car - if only to make sure there are no issues (coolant pumps, knock, etc).

But be careful with the MPVI-2, I believe it requires an add-on to support most wideband analog setups. There is a OBD2 wideband, who's name escapes me, that uses the canbus, which may work better with an OBD2 port splitter, but I have no experience with it.

I have an NGK widebad and run the gauge into my passenger footwell, then use the two analog wires to connect to my old school MPVI.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
The AEM 30-0334 works well with my MPVI. It piggbacks onto the OBD port and is easy to set up.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
124 Posts
yea the AEM 30-0334 works good if u want an easy start just earth and power (preferably stays power on during cranking) it just shows up as a GM pid so there isnt any offsets as its canbus data it just reads true, i have two of them in mine one for each bank with the gauges mounted in the glovebox out of sight but so i can still get to them for any changes if needed and it also reads on hpt and the ngauge also so i can keep an eye on it all the time

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like the way to go then... Shopping now!

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got my wideband Sunday from Mont motorsports. I started installing it last night. It will be another 2 weeks before I have time to experiment with the tuning on the car, hopefully I'll have the wideband install done by then.

·
Registered
124 Posts
just remember if the wideband sensor is in the exhaust u have to have it powered up so it can regulate its temps, they dont last long otherwise, even if ur not using it yet for tuning must still have the controller powered up running it

Reactions: Teh V

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just remember if the wideband sensor is in the exhaust u have to have it powered up so it can regulate its temps, they dont last long otherwise, even if ur not using it yet for tuning must still have the controller powered up running it
Yeah, I didn't actually know that until your post but for whatever reason I was concerned about it just riding along so I rigged up power coming from the lighter plug for now.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 07GTS

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was working on my VVE table and after I changed the scale to 2 bar and did some interpolating, I recalculated coefficients then I realized that I was in the "manifold switch open" table. I saw "manifold sw closed" in the HPT video and went back to check and see if I needed to do both or just closed.

So should it be closed or open or both?

·
Premium Member
OEM-ISH Coupe
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nevermind, I figured it out... That part came later, just missed it the first time around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yea just change all 4 so they are all the same, also u can adjust the zone boundaries so the zones are more even across the table will make the calculations better also

1 - 20 of 67 Posts