Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. I need some help. I am looking for a accelerator pedal position sensor for my 04 V. I need any and all ideas for how to get one for my car. We have called around to many Cadi dealers in several states. We have been given several part numbers-all to have been discontinued. HELP!!!!! Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Good evening. I need some help. I am looking for a accelerator pedal position sensor for my 04 V. I need any and all ideas for how to get one for my car. We have called around to many Cadi dealers in several states. We have been given several part numbers-all to have been discontinued. HELP!!!!! Thank you in advance.
Rock Auto? GM Parts direct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rock Auto? GM Parts direct?
Been there...done that. Called several different GM companies, several different Cadillac dealerships, any parts.com I could find, and local parts dealers. Nothing. Been given several different part numbers that have all been discontinued. Big fat bullzie.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Junk yards?

Theft from a running V1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it this one?

If not, what is the part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure which one that is. I can't see the plug in with the prongs. This is what mine is supposed to look like. Two rows with a total.of 9 prongs or connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have done a nationwide junk yard search. Nothing. The pedal.for my 04 V has a different plug then the one in your picture. This is what mine looks like.
800-365-7107

·
Registered
4 Posts
Junk yards?

Theft from a running V1?
Lol. Theft is the only possibility that I see so far.

I am ops husband. To reiterate, we can not find this used on any market (ebay, numerous national junk yard searches,etc).
All part numbers for this have been discontinued. We've called numerous companies to try to rebuild it,including cardone, with no luck. Numerous caddy dealerships can't help, including lindsays. The parts displayed in this thread are for the cts model, not the V..

We appreciate the help so far and any future help

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Lol. Theft is the only possibility that I see so far.

I am ops husband. To reiterate, we can not find this used on any market (ebay, numerous national junk yard searches,etc).
All part numbers for this have been discontinued. We've called numerous companies to try to rebuild it,including cardone, with no luck. Numerous caddy dealerships can't help, including lindsays. The parts displayed in this thread are for the cts model, not the V..

We appreciate the help so far and any future help
?

·
Registered
4 Posts
?

I appreciate the help sir. If you follow that link to the end, its states that the part is not available but it is rebuildable. That is from Cardone. As i previously stated, cardone is not able to rebuild this particular part. Again, thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I appreciate the help sir. If you follow that link to the end, its states that the part is not available but it is rebuildable. That is from Cardone. As i previously stated, cardone is not able to rebuild this particular part. Again, thank you very much for your help.
It is funny that with all of the LS Conversion shops...there isn't a comparable accelerator to use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Also what problems were you originally having with your car? I'm stumped but have a hard time believing the car is doomed

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Also what problems were you originally having with your car? I'm stumped but have a hard time believing the car is doomed
Have you called one of those shops that specialize in Frankenstein builds using LS motors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We ending up finding one in a junkyard halfway across the country. There are very few V's in junk yards and every time we did find one, the pedal was already gone.

The car would not go out of limp mode. Basically top speed of around 30mph. Eventually it wouldnt even start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts