Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey team - 2011 A6 wagon (85k) and when I really get on it (warmed up) it'll "hang" and bounce off the rev limiter for 1-2 seconds before upshifting. Does it 1->2 and 2->3. Might do it in other gears but I want to avoid felony speeding, LOL

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
if its cold out you might just be breaking traction and hitting the rev limiter

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same issue when shifting from 1->2 and 2->3 most of it was a tracktion issue. I did have my tunner lower the shift points down 200 rpm and it seemed to help a lot.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think changing the mph on your shift points would be more beneficial than rpm... As far as seeing of it has a tune, you could use a regular scan tool and see if any of the emission settings are "na" if that was part of the tune. Beyond that you'd be buying hptuners and seeing if it's been tuned or going to a tuner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea if engine is putting out more power it may need the WOT shift rpm and/or speed lowered so it initiates the shift earlier so it dosnt catch the limiter

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your trans is in need of a tune. A knowledgeable tuner can get you fixed up with a remote tune if needed.

Reactions: lionsfan54

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
so it sounds like you need the shift points adjusted, have you changed tires or did the previous owner have a different set of wheels like maybe drag wheels?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so it sounds like you need the shift points adjusted, have you changed tires or did the previous owner have a different set of wheels like maybe drag wheels?
Previous owner had a "4 square" setup and I'm back to the stock size in the back. But it did this before and is still doing it. Agree on shift point update, wondering who can do that for me

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm a noob to this car... what tuner do you suggest? How do I even get started?
Look up Pat G tuning. Pat can get your transmissions performing like a champ!

Reactions: lionsfan54

·
Premium Member
12,977 Posts
Previous owner had a "4 square" setup and I'm back to the stock size in the back. But it did this before and is still doing it. Agree on shift point update, wondering who can do that for me
so you bought the car with a square set up but now went back to stock in the back- whats in the front? are the front and rear tires the same OD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts