Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent the better part of today putting this together on our blog page. I've got notes all over my desk of different size belts for different size combos, as well as other guides online, and recommendations from members, and put it all together into one big detailed guide. Feel free to share anywhere on the net you'd like

**NEW LINK**

https://www.havocspeed.com/ctsv-zl1-supercharger-belt-guide/

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it came from months of my personal notes, and used a few other guides online to fill in the blanks, did the math, and put it together neatly. I spent a solid 8 hours on it yesterday listing all the individual belts on the site with part numbers, SEO friendly links, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
"Like".

How about stickying this?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Bookmarked.

Thank you.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Which belt would be best if you were a street racer and you were trying to be discreet about your pulley setup (aka: no green belts!) Specifically talking 2.5 pulley and 100mm idler setup? What would you go with? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Bumping this again for it's usefulness. Came in handy just now. :)

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone still have the link I posted Cached ? We had a host issue. That page is gone, and so is a lot of the old site. Putting up a standard site for the time being. I'd really like to have that belt guide back instead of rebuilding it

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I'm a little confused. I use K080653hd with a 2.38, 100mm, stock lower

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much slack is left in the tensioner ? I've used majority of these combos in house and these were the belt sizes we used. We typically install a belt that fits on the fairly tight side so it can't come loose or slip. How far does the tensioner spring back after you slip belt on ? On a brand new cold belt, with these belt sizes, the tensioner doesnt move much at all, it leaves the tensioners full range of movement to keep the belt tight

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Is it true that a 2.5/9.55 *requires* a relocation bracket?

bigair did this combo and did not use such a bracket.

·
Vendor
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as I know the 9.55 will not fit with just the 50mm idler and will require the bracket. If you did get it to fit it's news to me. It's recommended by Metco beyond the 9.1" We typically go all the way to 10.5" and that certainly requires the bracket

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
As far as I know the 9.55 will not fit with just the 50mm idler and will require the bracket. If you did get it to fit it's news to me. It's recommended by Metco beyond the 9.1" We typically go all the way to 10.5" and that certainly requires the bracket
I know bigair is running this combo (9.5/2.5 with 50mm idler) w/o the bracket. I will have the setup soon hopefully, so I will report back as well.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Just an update regarding 2.5/9.5 combos.

K080685HD was too small. I have a 100mm idler - I think it would fit with the stock idler. bigair is running stock idler and belt fits. I ended up going with the K080690HD (1 size up from recommended belt size).

I may try putting the stock idler back on to replace the larger 100mm and use the recommended belt size to see which gives me the tightest fit.

Also, neither of us are running the relocation bracket. It's a close fit with the 50mm idler, but nothing rubs.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts