Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well since the n20 has been such a battle, it was time to look into the other solutions on the market. Got the opportunity to get one of the first harrop performance 2650 blowers. Fitted for a ls3 but converted with custom upper pulley and harrop performance custom idler bracket to fit the Lsa. With the hope of big boost and a larger blower more power should be easily achievable. So we set it up to run on a 8 6 2.60 unknown of what boost we would see and levels of power. Made it down to gp tuning to see the master Matt for the tune and baseline. Made a few pulls and was happy to see all accessories and intake working good but we ran out of time for some final number. Pleminary it looks good but were really going to have to spin this beast to get the big power levels. 15 psi is what we seen. Updates coming soon

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Oh hell yes. All the boost. Looking forward to these results

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There is absolutely no way that intake can clear. I mean my NEP 4.5 rubs the power hood and it doesn't sit anywhere near as high...

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Congratulations. I'm very interested in this blower for my next project.
your next project, a flux capacitor might be the new thing......

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mannnn, if this produces good power, I'd love to see someone come up with a kit for the V's that utilizes oval tubing to be able to run it under a stock hood. Wonder if there'd be enough room to shove the intake down in front of the pulley between the radiator

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Tuning in, this may make me keep my car a while longer if it manages the heat better and makes the numbers a larger blower should. I already have a sleeper hood so let it EAT so I can order mine. Praying its not a flop like the 2.9 Whipple.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I thought you had that fucker sold?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
I don't know if the blower will even fit under the stock hood... the intake isn't the only problem!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sold the Wagon, nothing but dreamers on the sedan.
It's starting to look like a tough market for a nicely modded well maintained V2 sedan. At least from what Ive seen lately.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
There is absolutely no way that intake can clear. I mean my NEP 4.5 rubs the power hood and it doesn't sit anywhere near as high...
Need to lower the engine... 1/4 foot?

With the right coupler, perhaps orientated down at the TB and some creative work to route the intake low across the radiator... maybe. But I guess when you're spending that kind of coin on essentially a prototype blower for a big cubic inch transplant, an aftermarket hood is no big deal.

I assume all this work is for a larger displacement engine, since the 1.9L does so well on most 376ci builds?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The heat exchanger in there LOOKS good, hopefully it performs well. It looks mean as hell.

I guess people wanting big power will have to think twice now about Huron TT or this now that someone actually has done this.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Need to lower the engine... 1/4 foot?

With the right coupler, perhaps orientated down at the TB and some creative work to route the intake low across the radiator... maybe. But I guess when you're spending that kind of coin on essentially a prototype blower for a big cubic inch transplant, an aftermarket hood is no big deal.

I assume all this work is for a larger displacement engine, since the 1.9L does so well on most 376ci builds?
No a larger blower flat out works on smaller displacement engines as long as everything is fitted and routed correctly and the cooling system is setup to work properly. Just look at how much power those 281ci engines make on 03-04 cobras with huge whipples making gobs of boost.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No a larger blower flat out works on smaller displacement engines as long as everything is fitted and routed correctly and the cooling system is setup to work properly. Just look at how much power those 281ci engines make on 03-04 cobras with huge whipples making gobs of boost.
Truth, I had a buddy with a 3.4 whipple on his 03/04 and he made ~850 with ease. 5.8 trinity guys (13/14 shelby's) run 4.0/4.5 whipples and 4.2 kenne's without even batting an eye lol

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Looks like it fits just fine. :) If it works as is, is the hood really necessary? j/k of course

1 - 20 of 106 Posts