Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1750 Posts

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,685 · (Edited)
One small problem with the cam... every..and I do mean EVERY damned V6 Mustang in town thinks it wants a piece o' dis.
Also, a few vehicles that I assumed would be pestering me... their owners seem rather intimidated. They rush to get near at the light; you can see them working through the traffic. They are listening, observing even rolling down their windows and gesturing... and then they ease off into a turn lane. I actually think the drag pack set up means more to some than the sound.

After putting the Race Star drag pack on I am surprised by a couple of things: the rear 325/15 tires with their (Mac fab) beadlocked 15x10 wheels... seem LIGHTER than the 18x6 fronts(!) The fronts are 18x6 MT SR and they are the only skinny with a high enough load rating for this hefty barge, which would excuse their lack of svelte.
To be clear, they actually are almost equal in weight, but given the difference in size it seems very odd.
The rolling resistance of the tires is dramatically reduced.
When using my two-post lift, the set up routine requires leaving the car in neutral, placing rear arms under the car, rolling the car forward, placing fronts, rolling it back, laying on the floor, rolling the car a bit to align... a real PITA, especially alone.
The lift routine REALLY accentuates the difference in rolling resistance!
The steering is now so light, it's unbelievable. I mean, having 285 Invos on front is cool... they look so sweet, but damn; I might just leave the skinnies ON for a while!

· Premium Member
1,677 Posts
You haven't noticed any understeer with the skinny fronts for every day driving? The setup looks great and I'm sure that most that want to run think twice when they see that setup. Looking forward to seeing your wheels-up videos from Cadillac attack!

· Registered
200 Posts
Hahaha I LOVE the look of the drag-pack on mine so much I leave them on ALL summer and only take them off and install the stock wheels/tires when the car goes on the lift for winter storage. Guess you could call those my “winter wheels” now. 🤣🤣
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

· Registered
84 Posts
The only negative I have noticed with driving around on skinnies in the summer is the tires are going to wear out pretty quick from the weight of the front end and daily perils of the road, mine were toast in under 6k miles. Albeit this was on my Lsx swapped is300 but conceptually it’s the same. Mine wore out on the inside before the entire tire was evenly worn out. Alignment with skinnies on would have helped obviously but I never planned to leave them on full time.

Reactions: MrSurly

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Having the stock coupes widen, vs drag pack, leads to more actual engagements, since they don't really notice the 325 on back.

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,690 ·
I recently had a flash of memory... while the car was down, I had bought a Dragy... and have never used it.
Gave it a quick try today.
There was a moment of mistaken (vehicle markings) identity that made me briefly get out of it (see graphic) but anyway, here's what I got.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

· Registered
4,578 Posts
I recently had a flash of memory... while the car was down, I had bought a Dragy... and have never used it.
Gave it a quick try today.
There was a moment of mistaken (vehicle markings) identity that made me briefly get out of it (see graphic) but anyway, here's what I got. View attachment 164236
It is your own "Fuck Around and Find Out" line

Product Rectangle Azure Slope Plot

· Registered
4,578 Posts
Was this a shift point?

Product Rectangle Slope Font Line

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,694 ·

· Registered
4,578 Posts
No, that was a moment of concern that a certain vehicle in the distance might have been from the local constabulary. It wasn’t so I got back on it
Even more impressive.

Reactions: MrSurly

· Registered
4,578 Posts
I believe he meant that he wasn't sure if he saw a LEO, so he let off for a bit, then got back on when he was sure it wasn't a police.
Haha....translation service.

· Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,700 ·
In line with what I keep getting from "v6 mustangs' i also get a the occasional ricer who's convinced his itty bitty four-banger is worth my wasting some fuel.
I was pestered by one particularly shitty Civic...and yes I mean it looked like a Joe Dirt car complete with Joe Dirt extras, as well. The guy kept insisting (by his driving/revving/pop-pop-popping that I take the dare. Here are a few important things that play into my thoughts:
  • I am fully aware that LOOKS don't limit performance
  • SOME little Hondas are modded and twinned and scream to amazing performance levels
  • I have been told that there IS at least ONE such beast in town and it's ugly and it has an exhaust stack through the hood
  • Others have told me that they wondered if my new build could possibly touch the "shitty-thousand-horse-Civic" that they say exists, here
  • I'm wondering IF this particular shitty-loud-Civic might actually BE the vaunted mystery car but there's no hood pipe
  • Because of the possibility, I decided to get serious, rather than just doing a stupid higher-gear partial hit that I usually do to shut up the pretenders... just in case.
Glad that I did.
This was NOT the 1K civic, but the ugly green POS was way stronger than I had assumed. I handed him his ass quite handily, but it was not nearly as severe as I was expecting. His performance was close to Hellcat level from my best guess. No match for the Surliness at hand, but surprisingly up for the fight.
We chatted. Says his little green POS makes 500 whp.
I mentioned that I keep hearing about the 1k mystery Civic.
He said that's his buddy's car.

Can't emphasize enough how shitty the green car looks. dents, missing boby parts, steelies with tiny hubcaps like the old ES had, peeling paint, did I mention the dents or the caved-in door? It was a true Baretta car.

1681 - 1700 of 1750 Posts