Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1401 - 1420 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
961 Posts
Finally! I got the rear steam crossover, vent done! I was a major pain due to the blower and the oil pressure sensor. I finally located a 1/8 street 45 at a parts house. After cutting up drilling and tapping one of the kit pieces that would not fit as supplied, I used the 45 and a barb and Oetiker clamps.
I started on the build for the coil mount, hopefully I will get that done soon
View attachment 162874
View attachment 162880
View attachment 162879
View attachment 162878
View attachment 162876
View attachment 162877
View attachment 162875
Any concerns having the packs so closely stacked?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I realize the purpose for the plates you have installed is different than mine, but I just wanted to share this gasket material with you. It's helped to eliminate leak. I cut them myself from stock.
yea with mine i ended up routing my own channel out for a rubber o'ring to suit for the thermal spacer to head seal, i also match ported the spacer to the head ports and then ported the blower manifold to suit the spacers just so i have a good flow thru, i see no point getting good heads and then not matching the mating ports to suit them

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,403 ·
is this better :) i just took out a small channel in the spacers just to make it less tight but worked out good

What you did here with the blocks and welded SS line is what I was going to do next if the fitting assemblage had not worked. I hadn't wanted to take the time out to machine the blocks but that's absolutely (in hindsight) what I SHOULD have done. I wouldn't have done the front/rear connector or the spacers but the just the rear blocks and a custom angle for the tube would have been way better than essentially wasting more than a DAY resolving the fit-up.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Reactions: MrSurly

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Alternating red and blue. If you're gonna be different, go all in! :)

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,410 ·
Those are going to be some LOOOONG ass spark plug wires, but it will look cool.

Tell me you're going to use red spark plug wires. Please tell me that?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Alternating red and blue. If you're gonna be different, go all in! :)
You know, the classic look would demand the yellow Accels with red boots...

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,411 ·
Sat down with the new injector harnesses and whittled away at them to separate the coil and injector wiring so that I can connect the remote-mounted coils.
Cutting out the injector wiring and patching in an extension of the common pink wire to reach.
Looks like it will work fine and I’ll be tying in the DSX FlexFuel connections at the #8 coil.
I wanted to paint over some of the machined pads on the Magnuson but had trouble matching the “off-black”. After doing sample test sprays on scrap from a dozen blacks and grays, I finally discovered the perfect match…. and it’s Plasti-dip! not even actual paint!
Now rearranging the evap line and getting ready to stuff all the various lines hoses and wires ion the busy spot behind the blower.
Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable Electrical supply Wire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Grey Tread

Asphalt Art Road surface Landscape Font

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Circuit component Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable Electronic engineering

Electrical wiring Table Cable Wire Electrical supply

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,414 · (Edited)
My efforts to hide hoses and also to remote the coils… those are both great ideas. Separately.
Trying to do both is well, trying.
The area behind the block is not huge and running dual fuel feeds along with dual PCV lines plus steam venting, boost reference hose, evap tubing and throwing coils in there makes for issues.
Let’s just say that it’s doable but I’m not recommending it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My efforts to hide hoses and also to remote the coils… those are both great ideas. Separately.
Trying to do both is well, trying.
The area behind the block is not huge and running dual fuel feeds along with dual PCV lines steam venting and throwing coils in there makes for issues.
Let’s just say that it’s doable but I’m not recommending it.
I gotta just say, I respect all your effort here! It has also helped me learn a few things about my own V, so thanks for that.

Getting fresh tires is exciting too, and I bet you cannot wait to do that first burnout at the strip!

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,416 · (Edited)
I have made so damned many brackets!
Hopefully that part is winding down….

I am getting much closer to fire up day…
still lacking headers but also not finished with lots of details so the headers really are not the hold up. I could (and still might) put the manifolds on for startup. It will just depend on where they are when I finally get to
that point.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Steering wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior

Gas Engineering Bicycle part Machine Automotive tire

Automotive tire Wood Engineering Composite material Metal

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Looking great!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can feel the excitement Mr. S! Oh and the black tensioner doesn't go unnoticed either ;) (y)

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Yeah, it would be a major brain fart if you forgot to add engine oil, but Jiffy Lube does it all the time and they only have one thing to do! Pretty excited to hear what this combo does....and then you can put together a package price for a complete turn-key forum member deal!

1401 - 1420 of 1474 Posts