Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1426 Posts

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,381 ·
You can’t really. Tested many years ago and it doesn’t work in minor adjustments and causes issues with larger ones.

If you want real individual cyl control run aftermarket injection.
Yah, I figured that would be in the realm of ProEFI or similar.
But back to the original question: if a couple of your injectors tested say 3% higher flow rate you could put those on 7&8 just for a little peace of mind…

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,384 ·
The answer may be buried in the previous 1382 posts, but I'm just gonna ask: Who will be tuning the Surlymobile?
I hafta tell ya, there are at LEAST a dozen answers on these pages! I think the informational return is running at about 1.28%

I plan to take it to Matt Owen for the initial tune.
(Dedicated Motorsports)

·
Premium Member
17,754 Posts
If anyone wants to go through the thread a start creating a topical index….
Not enough boobs in this thread for me to bother.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,388 · (Edited)
Got the 69” belt installed, had to pull the pulley. note to self: next belt will be an 69.5.
For reference I’m including a pic of the various pulleys that make up this layout in addition to the 3.00” on the blower.
Rec’d the new coil harnesses, WAY more flexible than the old baked ones. Also working on creating a coil mount setup.
Added more hoses for the catch can, still trying to disappear the hoses as much as possible. One thing for certain is all of my initial decisions predicting AN fitting purchases have changed several times. I keep ordering another of this and a different angle on that…I need to set up a fitting store to sell off all of my wrong guesses.
The pursuit of compactness has made for a lot of change ups.
I planned to place the catch can in the air box area but nixed that just because of the hoses. Oh well.
My plan to have a steam vent on the rear of the heads has hit a couple of snags. The Maggie crowds the area and then the Maggie ops mount blocks more. Trying a couple of different kit types to see if I can get around it as i’d much rather NOT block them off.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Bicycle part

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wood Motor vehicle Drum Automotive exterior Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Product Font Machine Electric blue Metal

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,390 ·
Think that stock radiator will take the strain?
I fully expect to discover its limits.
The engine will be producing much more power and no doubt needing to shed much more heat so you gotta know it will likely be overtaxed.
Just not going there immediately

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,391 ·
Finished sizing cutting fitting hoses for fuel and catch can, now pulled all of it out in order to go back into that same area to fabricate a coil bracket of some kind and to install a vac/boost manifold and related switches and hoses. Sticking with the hidden theme is a PITA but I’m stubborn enough to do it.
Picked up this little manifold from Amazon for its compactness and the angled mount.
drilled/tapped for the spot I picked… hindsight says I should’ve mounted it two inches over for wrench access. Oh well, hopefully not moving it ever again.
(yeah right).

Next will be steam lines if I can make it work with these AN components
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Headlamp Auto part Automotive exterior Event

Bag Luggage and bags Auto part Cable Wire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

pics of the manifold

and also for the record, the Fore! components laid out
and the MM Catch can stuff.

Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread

Light Automotive tire Machine tool Gas Engineering

Sports equipment Automotive tire Hood Bumper Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,393 ·
The steam fittings AND Mag2650 are not a great match. The rear ports (which, according to Mag should be left blanked like the stock LSA treatment) are a bit crowded by the Mag 2650. Given the known heat issues with our rear cylinders, there’s no way I’m NOT going to provide the vents for the rear. A little bit of a conflict arises though. The drivers side of the MAG shades the steam port. I’ve tried three different types of available fittings, but with the Mag above, and the OPS directly athwart the damned port, I will need a close-coupled low profile 45deg port…. that no one makes…. are you sensing a theme, here?
Phuqueth me.
Ok, now I’m modding some fittings again.
Wood Automotive tire Gas Engineering Auto part

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive mirror Alloy wheel

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,395 ·
just for an option i made up my own steam vent lines with stainless brake line, fits in neat under everything

I like that setup, but I’d have to add blower spacers as the Maggie is tight on the valley. In fact they include their own custom valley plate and ops mount.

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,399 · (Edited)
Finally! I got the rear steam crossover/vent done! I was a major pain due to the blower and the oil pressure sensor. I finally located a 1/8 street 45 at a parts house. After cutting up drilling and tapping one of the kit pieces that would not fit as supplied, I used the 45 and a barb and Oetiker clamps.
I started on the build for the coil mount, hopefully I will get that done soon
Automotive tire Drill Gas Bumper Auto part

Bumper Gas Tool Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Wood Automotive design

Automotive tire Tread Rim Automotive lighting Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle

Wood Hand tool Gas Metalworking hand tool Tool

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood Bumper

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
922 Posts
is this better :) i just took out a small channel in the spacers just to make it less tight but worked out good

I realize the purpose for the plates you have installed is different than mine, but I just wanted to share this gasket material with you. It's helped to eliminate leak. I cut them myself from stock.

Attachments

1381 - 1400 of 1426 Posts