Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1361 - 1380 of 1474 Posts

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,361 · (Edited)
I only found companies previously that offered coil breakouts but neither offered LSA pieces.
I found a DFW area dealer with an online ordering system and I just ordered the two new stock harnesses. The trick is do they really have them in stock? I’ll be on the phone in the morning.
I despise paying for these when I actually could rework these cooked ones…. but there’s no way i’m OK with butt splices and extra connections or repairs on coil or injector wiring… there is way too much at stake.
These harnesses are supposed to be as flexible as a rope… but mine are thoroughly baked into rigid sticks. The chance of salvaging them is pretty much nil but it really has me wondering how many high mileage cars have misfire issues that are actually caused by these harnesses breaking down internally.
Picture frame Bicycle handlebar Machine Art Metal

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
961 Posts

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,363 · (Edited)
Are you re-installing the stock radiator and locating the remote oil cooler in front of it?
Yes.
Remains to be determined what cooling system mods will be needed later.

It will be capable of about twice the HP, so it will have a bunch more heat to reject. I don't know how much "extra" capacity the stock system has... but I bet I'll be finding its limitations soon.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sent you PM. I have a Gates RPM Belt Chart.

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts
Seriously, tho

Checked the difference at fully relaxed versus fully tensioned tensioner.
2.5 inches to 5 inches longer than the stock length.
So what belt length do I need to buy? Anyone?
Shoot for 50% …. 70%? of tensioner?
View attachment 162699
View attachment 162700
I go for nearly fully tensioned, as the belt will stretch and there's a LOT of force at high RPM. Basically take your smallest measurement, round up to the next largest size to accout for error and that should be G2G.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,371 ·
I'm starting to get a little antsy... I'm almost ready to believe that this build will be finished.... relatively soon(?)
I've got to finish up the coolant pipe, plumb the catch can, figure out where to run the steam port lines, wire up a bunch of stuff....,. man, it feels CLOSE

oh yeah, gotta put oil in it.
ATF
Dexcool.
Brake fluid.
clutch fluid.
headers
weld up V bands
driveshaft
axles...
this list seems short!

·
Premium Member
17,761 Posts
And then stop. And recheck everything.

And then get pissed when something spews out of the ONE fitting you forgot to check, in the worst possible location! Muhaha.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,374 ·
Tuner question: just curious if this is something that people do...
Thought occurred to me, Folks whose have the equipment to flow rate injectors... they run injectors and grade each one for output. Does anyone purposely install a couple of 'overacheiver' injectors in the rear cylinders to combat the known issue of the rear cylinder heat?
I'm sure that racers do something along those lines to tailor injectors to cylinders.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tuner question: just curious if this is something that people do...
Thought occurred to me, Folks whose have the equipment to flow rate injectors... they run injectors and grade each one for output. Does anyone purposely install a couple of 'overacheiver' injectors in the rear cylinders to combat the known issue of the rear cylinder heat?
I'm sure that racers do something along those lines to tailor injectors to cylinders.
they should all be an equal set or close as possible, what u can do with the E67 ecu is use the cylinder gain and just add a percent or two to the 7 and 8 cylinders if need be

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
961 Posts
I'm starting to get a little antsy... I'm almost ready to believe that this build will be finished.... relatively soon(?)
I've got to finish up the coolant pipe, plumb the catch can, figure out where to run the steam port lines, wire up a bunch of stuff....,. man, it feels CLOSE

oh yeah, gotta put oil in it.
ATF
Dexcool.
Brake fluid.
clutch fluid.
headers
weld up V bands
driveshaft
axles...
this list seems short!
what drive shaft are you installing?

·
Premium Member
Fun pedal, Few doors
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,377 ·
they should all be an equal set or close as possible, what u can do with the E67 ecu is use the cylinder gain and just add a percent or two to the 7 and 8 cylinders if need be
That’s interesting; I had no idea you could bias individual injectors like that.

1361 - 1380 of 1474 Posts