Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I'm taking apart my blower (Porting it) I've read and seen what you need if you want to rebuild it, but this blower has less than 500 miles on it. Do I really need to buy all the bearing and replace them? I understand if there damaged on removal or whatever but do I need to replace them just because?

2. The heads are currently off the car getting worked over by the fellas at FED and I'm looking at the lifters thinking should I replace them? I've read all about the 2110's and LS7's. I know this will not be the last time the heads are off the car (they probably will be off every winter until I no longer have the car) so i'm not sold on changing them yet as they looked to be in good shape and sit in the buckets well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
1. I'm taking apart my blower (Porting it) I've read and seen what you need if you want to rebuild it, but this blower has less than 500 miles on it. Do I really need to buy all the bearing and replace them? I understand if there damaged on removal or whatever but do I need to replace them just because?

2. The heads are currently off the car getting worked over by the fellas at FED and I'm looking at the lifters thinking should I replace them? I've read all about the 2110's and LS7's. I know this will not be the last time the heads are off the car (they probably will be off every winter until I no longer have the car) so i'm not sold on changing them yet as they looked to be in good shape and sit in the buckets well.
How many miles on the motor? I wouldn't touch the bearings on the blower with only 500 miles on it, but I'd want to change the lifters if you're using a higher lift cam

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Use the Johnson 2110's for the lifters, better than the LS7's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts