It's been a while since I started doing research on this project & I posted some questions concerning parts choices a while back.
Originally a 305/700-R4 with about 190 HP. I cruised it around in the summer months,
It handled great but was not as fast as the average minivan, although it cornered really well.
After driving it in relatively stock condition for over 5 years, I started a full rebuild of this car in 2011 & completed it in 2014.
The factory clear coat was starting to come off, so it was time to rebuild / start modifying.
To bring progress up to present day, I'll provide some history.
I tore it down to a bare shell with basically only the dash wiring remaining in the car.
The underside was really clean, so I repainted it along with some suspension upgrades.
A lot of lacquer thinner & rags took it to the original primer.
Then for some fresh paint... no use painting the top only to leave the underside all ugly.
The factory 10 bolt got upgraded to a 3.54 geared Strange 60 rear with 35 spline axles.
I also added a Watts link for better handling along with some Koni shocks, better springs & frame connectors.
All this was underway, but still no engine....
I did not want to build another race car & insisted to make a very drivable vehicle.
I originally wanted a LS7, but there were none out there for a reasonable price... the LS9 was not in the plans as of yet.
A T-56 6 speed was acquired for a little driving fun over the factory auto.
I'll follow up with some more build pictures to get closer to present day.