Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 A6 Wagon Fully warmed up, Traction Control off and my Dragy is saying 4.7 Seconds when I brake torque and launch at about 1500 RPM. Only a chirp from the tires.

Release the brake and smash the accelerator yields 4.8 seconds. Nothing but a chirp from the tires.

This seems slow to me. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Is the transmission in drive or manual mode? Drive starts in 2nd gear and manual mode in first. Be prepared to spin in manual mode. I'd really try in the evening after it gets a little cooler.

Reactions: Docked Wages

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
2013 A6 Wagon Fully warmed up, Traction Control off and my Dragy is saying 4.7 Seconds when I brake torque and launch at about 1500 RPM. Only a chirp from the tires.

Release the brake and smash the accelerator yields 4.8 seconds. Nothing but a chirp from the tires.

This seems slow to me. What am I doing wrong?
Your tune could have something to do with your numbers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the transmission in drive or manual mode? Drive starts in 2nd gear and manual mode in first. Be prepared to spin in manual mode. I'd really try in the evening after it gets a little cooler.
It's in Drive. Did not know about it starting in second. I do know the 1-2 shift needs to happen really quick.

I'll try again tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your tune could have something to do with your numbers.
I bought it used and trying to establish a benchmark before I make some mods in the next couple of weeks.

The tune will get cleaned up real soon. :)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
It's in Drive. Did not know about it starting in second. I do know the 1-2 shift needs to happen really quick.

I'll try again tomorrow morning.
“When the CTS‐V is in D (Drive), the first forward gear automatic shift after start will be from 1 (First) gear. Following starts will begin in
2 (Second) gear.”

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Push the shifter to the right to go into transmission sport mode.
I've messed with the paddles once since owning the car. Here in Florida all of the roads are straight, flat and smooth. No real need to choose a gear since there are no curves to play on.

Also I've always known and tell my customers that the trans in Auto will shift faster and better almost every time. About to head to the shop so I'll give it a try in manual.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
“When the CTS‐V is in D (Drive), the first forward gear automatic shift after start will be from 1 (First) gear. Following starts will begin in
2 (Second) gear.”
So come to a stop, shift to park then shift back to drive gets me a first gear launch plus the faster (than me) shift the auto does? Sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4.78 (manual shift) and 4.79 (auto) at 81 degrees and 70+% humidity.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is heresy...Just drove a new Genesis GV70 with the 3.5 turbo and in the Florida heat it did 0-60 in 5.21 on the Dragy. No blower whine in the Genesis, but the days of this car being a brawler in stock form are just about over. I love the style of the V Wagon's exterior but at this point considering the dated interior the only reason I'd keep it is collectability down the road.

I am going to throw injectors, pullies and a Formato ported blower at it with a tune and see how it does. Waiting on parts then waiting to get on the tuner schedule for now.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Run em both from 0 to 140.

Reactions: Docked Wages
1 - 12 of 12 Posts