Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on another site. The car is a 2013 or so ZL1. Is it possible this guy is making that horsepower with those mods? LMBO.

Jacob White …. unless you come across a tuned ZL1.

Mine has a 26% under drive supercharger/10% overdrive crank pulley set, 11lbs boost, Kooks long tube headers and an E85 reprogram….. for 821hp reaching the pavement, (probably close to a 1000hp at the crank).

I’ll play….

·
Premium Member
16,461 Posts
11psi on basically a pulley, headers and ethanol?

Unless there are details missing- like heads and turbo - I think the dyno is off.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
That would be an LSA motor same as a 2nd gen V, No way is he making that with the listed mods.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Lol he is making max of 600whp with those mods.

Probably less honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Lol he is making max of 600whp with those mods.

Probably less honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freud, is that you?
-comma comedian-

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I'm thinking 1000HP at the crank would pretzel the drive line pretty quick. But doubling the HP with bolt-ons? Seems an implausible and ill-considered goal. GM would have to be building engines and drivelines with enough operating margin to survive a ~100% increase in power, and for all their many faults, GM engineers aren't that stupid.

·
Registered
641 Posts
When I called him on it he said “why would I tell you everything that’s done to it”. I said man I don’t even know you
Tell him to stop stuffing his briefs, and pull that gigantic supercharged sticker off his windshield it’s embarrassing……

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I'm thinking 1000HP at the crank would pretzel the drive line pretty quick. But doubling the HP with bolt-ons? Seems an implausible and ill-considered goal. GM would have to be building engines and drivelines with enough operating margin to survive a ~100% increase in power, and for all their many faults, GM engineers aren't that stupid.
Not on the street, you'll just spin the tires. On a well prepped track with a proper tire, the power will find the weakest link in the drivetrain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 06 M6 GTO put down 353 on 92 and 361 on E85. Only thing done was the ethanol sensor and enabling all of it.
Then came the BTR PDS stage 3 torque cam, Kooks longtubes, 3" Magnaflow cat back, LSA running 8.5psi boost, BoostDistrict CAI with LS7 MAF, and a full conservative tune as it's my daily. 576 on 92 and 610 on E-85.
No way if he's only done external mods and a tune he's making that power

1 - 20 of 49 Posts