Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Speaking of my daily,

Yesterday I drove a different route on my way to work. Apparently someone noticed.

By the time I got home I was getting car show invites.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
It is a desired affect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Speaking of my daily,

Yesterday I drove a different route on my way to work. Apparently someone noticed.

By the time I got home I was getting car show invites.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
You know you’ve got a pretty sweet ride when you leave people posting up on social media in your wake. But all I could hear in my head was this:

“Hey Shooter, wanna go to Red Lobster?”

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
what's confusing? Lost of room for storage and 755 hp
Where do you see that? I see that it’s just an off-road package like the Colorado zr2 with either 355hp or 420 HP.

Even with 755hp it would be a confusing replacement for a v wagon. Besides being fast in a straight line a 755 HP truck has nothing in common with a v wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: piening2150

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
what's confusing? Lost of room for storage and 755 hp
I don't see anything about 755 HP. Every article I've seen it looks like a Rebel/Tremor competitor with the 420 HP 6.2L and cool spool valve dampers like the Colorado ZR2. 

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Guys I too would not sell my wagon. Her daily driver is a 1977 Cadillac Seville. 2014 Wagon is top in the stable. 2018 Slingshot for winter weather here in SW Florida and Whit my 1934 Chevy sedan brings home the trophies from shows.

·
Premium Member
17,570 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me I can see three potential upgrades. But all are unlikely to actually replace my CTS-V MT wagon! It's just too analog, comfortable and awesome to give up.

1) For a newer fast wagon, I'm most interested in the current E63 wagon. The AMGs are awesome and have a similar muscle-bound spirit to our CTS-Vs. Plus, I love that the E63 can go into RWD mode for stupid fun. I currently have an AMG GT S so I know the AMG V8 is just as charismatic as the CTS-V V8. (I wonder how long it will take the E63 to depreciate to CTS-V wagon prices; AMGs tend to drop fast...)

2) For a newer MT family car, I'm very curious about the CT5-V Blackwing. The Corvette Z06 engine is a beast to stuff into a CT5. The Alpha chassis that underpins the CT5 is super impressive; I loved it when I was testing Camaro SSes. I think the Alpha chassis is a pretty big upgrade over the CTS-V, as the V wagon's chassis feels a bit flexy by comparison. However, I love, love, love my CTS-V's old-school hydraulic steering, so I might have a hard time giving it up.

3) For something completely different, I'd love a Porsche 911 GT3 from the 997-generation. Those are the rare cars that have even better steering feel than the CTS-V. Plus, the high-revving NA engine is a real treat. Other than the fact that their clutches are a complete workout, the 997 GT3 seems like a car that would be super rewarding at all speeds, and especially on the track.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
For me I can see three potential upgrades. But all are unlikely to actually replace my CTS-V MT wagon! It's just too analog, comfortable and awesome to give up.

1) For a newer fast wagon, I'm most interested in the current E63 wagon. The AMGs are awesome and have a similar muscle-bound spirit to our CTS-Vs. Plus, I love that the E63 can go into RWD mode for stupid fun. I currently have an AMG GT S so I know the AMG V8 is just as charismatic as the CTS-V V8. (I wonder how long it will take the E63 to depreciate to CTS-V wagon prices; AMGs tend to drop fast...)

2) For a newer MT family car, I'm very curious about the CT5-V Blackwing. The Corvette Z06 engine is a beast to stuff into a CT5. The Alpha chassis that underpins the CT5 is super impressive; I loved it when I was testing Camaro SSes. I think the Alpha chassis is a pretty big upgrade over the CTS-V, as the V wagon's chassis feels a bit flexy by comparison. However, I love, love, love my CTS-V's old-school hydraulic steering, so I might have a hard time giving it up.

3) For something completely different, I'd love a Porsche 911 GT3 from the 997-generation. Those are the rare cars that have even better steering feel than the CTS-V. Plus, the high-revving NA engine is a real treat. Other than the fact that their clutches are a complete workout, the 997 GT3 seems like a car that would be super rewarding at all speeds, and especially on the track.
I love the 997 and newer GT3. My new somewhat attainable dream car now is the new 992 GT3 in Shark Blue. That thing is so sexy and apparently drives like nothing else.

Reactions: 556bhp

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wrx? Sleeper? Not in these parts, every Subi in their mother wants to race my V & Hemi. I do enjoy a tastefully done STI…but they just scream pricey ricer IMO most times, however far from sleeper. Also what year was your Supra?
2020 Supra...looks fast and it is but it’s just not that fun.

The WRX at a glance looks like so many other sedans...Say a Camry or Accord and it seems so much easier to fly under the radar while still being fun and engaging to drive...

Sorry, had to throw in the artsy pic!

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
478 Posts
2020 Supra...looks fast and it is but it’s just not that fun. View attachment 152645
The WRX at a glance looks like so many other sedans...Say a Camry or Accord and it seems so much easier to fly under the radar while still being fun and engaging to drive...
View attachment 152646
Nice pic for sure, around here they’re always loud and squids drive them thinking they’re fast. I dig them cause of the AWD aspect and rally vibes. The Supra looks cool an all but it’s just a BMW from what I’ve gathered.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
2020 Supra...looks fast and it is but it’s just not that fun. View attachment 152645
View attachment 152646
I love the new Supra but I have never driven one. I know they are fast as hell with some mods though and the powertrain is solid.

I come from Subaru and will always love them for sure. If you want big power the old EJ with an IAG closed deck block is the way to go though and the STI is a better starting platform. For a DD the WRX and the new FA20 is a good car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I keep waiting for the final year of the Camaro ZL1 to trade/sell my GTO and GM keeps moving it further away and not saying anything official, so its still the GTO and CTS-V wagon as my play toys for now. I toyed with the idea of a 2023 GT3 Porsche but even with all my connections, can't get one for sticker and I refuse to pay over MSRP, all they say are "sold". Even watching ZL1's, I see them asking over sticker now for "used" stock ones with low miles, which I won't do. I won't even get a new one that doesn't have the chips installed (like for the back-up monitor system) because it scares me. Can't find a good Calloway Camaro 750 for sale anywhere either. I was thinking about getting the last year ZL1 and turning it into a Trans Am by those guys in Tallahassee, just the body though, no engine work but not sure I would bastardize it if GM does make some special final year heritage edition ZL1, especially with the LT5 or 670 hp blackwing motor and I could get one. Not sure what I want (definitely not a Hellcat, way too many I see every day) and EV's keep getting better. Even the Mustang is starting to look good. I can't believe I admitted that.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts