Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I’m looking for any feedback from others with a short throw shifter, even better if it’s creative steel, and wide open 2nd to 3rd shifts. On the street I’ve been fine for the most part but just caught to the 1/4 mile bug and seem to keep getting locked out of a clean shift into third. I’m just looking to lay down a couple clean passes in the V before focusing on a dedicated drag car (chassis back half wrapping up this weekend).

Ignoring the inability to launch the car and my horrible 2.26 60ft, I ran a best of 12.5 @ 127 literally tapping the brakes when I was locked out of my 2-3rd shift. RPMs dropped a bit and then went into gear. Each run after that my launch improved but had issues getting into third every time. On e85 I’m in the 800wheel range with typical full bolts ons plus Brodix Br7-3 heads, direct port meth. Fairly stout build other than a stock block. Clutch is also a monster triple disc.

Looking for any advice before the next track night. I’ll check shifter alignment again or possibly swap stock shifter back. Maybe it’s possible to adjust the alignment to better suite the 2-3rd shift?

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
I'd recheck the shifter alignment. It can do wonky things with gear engagement if its off just a little.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had issue with 5th when shifting too fast (racing) being more relaxed helped. Also swinging the Creative Steel more center than offset to driver helped as well (helped reverse as well)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hey guys! So I’m looking for any feedback from others with a short throw shifter, even better if it’s creative steel, and wide open 2nd to 3rd shifts. On the street I’ve been fine for the most part but just caught to the 1/4 mile bug and seem to keep getting locked out of a clean shift into third. I’m just looking to lay down a couple clean passes in the V before focusing on a dedicated drag car (chassis back half wrapping up this weekend).

Ignoring the inability to launch the car and my horrible 2.26 60ft, I ran a best of 12.5 @ 127 literally tapping the brakes when I was locked out of my 2-3rd shift. RPMs dropped a bit and then went into gear. Each run after that my launch improved but had issues getting into third every time. On e85 I’m in the 800wheel range with typical full bolts ons plus Brodix Br7-3 heads, direct port meth. Fairly stout build other than a stock block. Clutch is also a monster triple disc.

Looking for any advice before the next track night. I’ll check shifter alignment again or possibly swap stock shifter back. Maybe it’s possible to adjust the alignment to better suite the 2-3rd shift?
Couple things.. Like @random84 said, double check the shifter alignment make sure yours has not moved. (they have been known to strip and not hold tight), Also.. Never, never use Royal Purple or any super slippery oils in the trans., the syncros don't like it (I know this personally) they will not stop the gear all the way. IMO and some of the Performance trans shops I spoke with, stay with the GM manual trans fluid. I know your track pain, only getting to the track once a yr nets terrible 60ft, and a 12.0 @ 134.. ugh..
Good luck.

Reactions: random84
1 - 4 of 4 Posts