Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was the 50 post rule overturned? I know I'm only at 20 posts, so it should benefit me, but I don't feel that way. The whole reason I wont buy anything off Facebook is because there are so many scammers, people on FB are greedy. It seems like everyone is trying to f%@k over the next person. The 50 post rule gave me something to look forward to. Hopefully ctsvowners doesn't end up like that.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
This is news to me. People have been complaining about it every once in a while since I have been here. It never bothered me and I agree it’s good to keep out the idiots and scammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,350 Posts
Why was the 50 post rule overturned? I know I'm only at 20 posts, so it should benefit me, but I don't feel that way. The whole reason I wont buy anything off Facebook is because there are so many scammers, people on FB are greedy. It seems like everyone is trying to f%@k over the next person. The 50 post rule gave me something to look forward to. Hopefully ctsvowners doesn't end up like that.
The simple answer is the admins/owners wanted more traffic on the forum to get more advertising $$$$$ and refused to reinstate the 30/50 restrictions on the classifieds.

For the record, the two moderators on this forum do not agree with the admins/owners and take no responsibility for any deals gone bad.

There is no way the moderators can keep tabs 24/7 on the classifieds and 30/50 rule without restricting access to the classifieds. Moderators are not paid and that is a ton of work for free.

The foundation of this forum was never about classifieds, but the new owners need the open classifieds to generate income.

You are correct though, no different than Facebook now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I missed that was no longer a rule, it’s a good rule. 30/50 isn’t that hard to get too, even with the occasional deleted posts :) not sure how removing the rule is going to bring more traffic to the site? Not having the rule makes me wonder if it will hurt, I will be much more weary about purchasing anything from the classified.

If the admins/owners are making more money maybe the moderators should get something for there time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts