Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
8s are the new 9s
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[email protected] Racing spent some time testing intakes on the dyno last night with his car which is modded like many cars on here:
2011 ctsv A6
Forged LSA 6.2, stock block and stock crank
Trickflow 255's out of the box
Ported supercharger 102mm
Stage 2 camshaft
2.5/8.6 pulley combo
American racing 1 7/8, off road x pipe, stock axle back
ID 850
Dynospeed heat exchanger
Jabsco pump
NorCal ice box
Nitrous express
Stand alone fuel cell

All testing was done on the same day, May 1, 2014 in Memphis TN. There were no changes to timing and all testing done on the same tank of gasoline. Only the MAF was rescaled when changing intake size and TB parameters changed when increasing TB size.

We tested the car baseline with a Mamo ported LS7 TB and a popular 4" intake with 12 inch filter (blue line on graphs 647/565).
Next was the Mamo ported LS7 TB and the new 4.5" inch Dynospeed Racing intake (red line on graphs 662/601).
Finally was the NW 102 TB and the new 4.5" Dynospeed Racing intake (green line on graphs 689/627).

It picked up 18/36 at the rear wheel just switching from the 4" to 4.5" intake with the same Mamo LS7 TB.

Since most who switch from the stock style TB to the 102 upgrade their intake at the same time, we made a graph of the Mamo ported LS7 TB with 4" intake (blue line) vs the NW 102 with 4.5" Dynospeed Racing intake (green line):

It picked up 42/62 at the rear wheel going from the Mamo LS7 with 4" to NW 102 with 4.5" Dynospeed intake

I'll say, we're pretty stoked about the results.

·
Super Moderator
20,542 Posts
Ray and Josh,

THANK YOU for posting this info. I tried to get New Era to test with the 87 or 90mm TB, but no dice. Is Josh selling these intakes?

I just got off the dyno this week, not sure if I'm ready to go down and make more changes, but perhaps when I put the ported blower on.

Thank you both!

·
8s are the new 9s
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know everyone will want to see pictures of the intake, so here you go.
In the buff:

On Josh's car while on the dyno:

It should fit with a modified stock air box. I plan to install it that way on my car and post pics.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
drool

·
8s are the new 9s
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,321 Posts
Loved seeing this Ray... yet another dyno dispelling the 102 doesn't make any more power BS!

·
Vendor
1,733 Posts
Very nice work!

·
Burnout King
3,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Great scientific approach and hard numbers for people to make a proper decision from. I don't know who said 102s don't make power but those cunts can eat a bag of dicks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I can see this benefitting a motor that needs a lot of breath. I wonder how it would do on an otherwise stocker compared to the air raid.

·
9 Second Club
1,931 Posts
Great scientific approach and hard numbers for people to make a proper decision from. I don't know who said 102s don't make power but those cunts can eat a bag of dicks!
A 102mm TB only made 2hp and 2tq on my car (TPiS brand) :( I don't understand why I didn't get more power. No changes made at all other than swapped out the ported stock throttle body for the 102 and did another pull. That was with a 4.5" intake and 102mm ported snout/blower. Just doesn't make sense to me, I took it right back off while still strapped to the dyno and then sold it. Sure wish I could have picked up 27whp from adding the bigger throttle body.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts