Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a question that I couldn't find the answer to through searching. I already asked NORCAL SS as these are wheels that he sells and he didn't really give me an answer. I am sure he is extremely busy and just over looked my silly questions. But on to my questions. As many of you you know, I have been gathering parts for my extremely low mileage 2012 CTS-V coupe. due to being stationed overseas and now sitting here in the Sand Box in Afghanistan. I have put maybe 200 miles on the car since 2013 (its currently sitting in storage with about 7500 miles on it).

Here is the link to that thread. https://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/148-build-threads/23725-extremely-long-build.html

With that I have been looking at rims and tires. and I came across the 18x11 that NORCAL SS sells (tony). Here is the link to those CTS-V COUPE 18X11 ZL1 Wheels - C7 Z06 Corvette Parts

What I would like to know is could I put a 345/35R18 on the wheels and not rub with a stock height Coupe. In the end, I plan on being just north of 700 WHP. I know that both Mickey thompson and M&H make tires that would work. I am just not sure I can get away with no rubbing and destroying the tires.

Here is a link to the two tires that I am thinking.

345/35R18 NEW TIRE!

Mickey Thompson | ET Street® S/S

Has anyone tried this yet and if so, what all did you have to do to make it all work.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
FYI the Minimum Recommended Wheel Width for that tire is 11.5" but I suppose a 11" would work, might make the tire balloon some though ...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I don't think it would balloon to much though as I have seen people do much more extreme things that that.....such as running a 305 on a 9 inch tire.

The bigger question is how much work will I have to do to make this fit without tearing up the tire or my fender.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Personally if the Offset is right I don't see why a Coupe would have any problems with that set up. I'm running 19x11" wheels on my lowered sedan with 305 Michelin's with room to spare. Going to try out some 18x11" with some MT 305x35x18 tires when I get the wheels.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And that's the million dollar question. Is the offset correct to support the 345's.

Personally if the Offset is right I don't see why a Coupe would have any problems with that set up. I'm running 19x11" wheels on my lowered sedan with 305 Michelin's with room to spare. Going to try out some 18x11" with some MT 305x35x18 tires when I get the wheels.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The problem with wider wheels is the backside of the rim and it interfering with the control arm. A 19" wheel is going to have more clearance there than a 18", so the 19" offset may not work.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The problem with wider wheels is the backside of the rim and it interfering with the control arm. A 19" wheel is going to have more clearance there than a 18", so the 19" offset may not work.
Never thought of that, I have ground some away so the 18x11 may work, if not I may have to run a thin spacer which I have already. I can try them with the spacers I have or order what I need if they don't work if I need to even use a spacer ...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone ever tried this....or can look at the offset and let me know if they think these will fit

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting closer to buy wheels and tires and would really like to know if anyone has tried this or knows that it will work.......so TTT

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes you can. Yes I am AND yes he’s the one to talk too. Just need some custom machining for the offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn that is wide.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have not. I am not sure if he will be willing to assist, if I am not buying wheels from him. But then again this is all speculations by me. It cant hurt to ask, and the worst he could do is tell me to kick rocks. I will draft up a note to him now.

Did you get in contact with Jon at "Best Wheel Deals"? If anyone would know, it would be him

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run 20x9.5 and 20x12 in the rears.

18x12 shouldn’t be a problem and Mike can definitely get it done with absolutely perfect fitment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Vertigo, you got a rear angle shot of that sick ass coupe? And is that a 285 tire in comparison to the 345?
Thanks! I don’t at the moment. I have a performance shop here in Lewisville and it’s down for some serious goodies. I will get you a rear shot as soon as we wrap the shop build up

They are 275/30 up front. Offset is absolutely perfect and we’re machined for my coupe lowered on Eibach’s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts